Strymon Deco opinions?

What's Hot
Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
I've been watching a lot of Eric Haugen's videos of late, and have been consistently impressed by the tones he gets. The Deco looks like a pretty flexible and interesting pedal, and could potentially replace a couple of other things for me.

But, it's pricey. So, I was wondering what the collective take is on it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Really lovely pedal. Not a bad sound on it. Though you will get addicted and never want to turn it off. And I say that as someone who very much dislikes traditional chorus & flange pedals
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited June 2018
    As has been said in previous Deco threads, with an expression pedal it's such a flexible sound shaper.

I use mine in the loop with a Flint controlled by a Mission ExP dual......but yeah pricey, Oddly enough I expected Strymon pedals to start getting cheaper, but it sure don't seem like it.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    The amount I've spent on pedals in the last year and a half, which doesn't seem much since it was never a lot at one time, and I've done OK out of flipping what I don't want ...

I could have just bought a Strymon Flint, and a Strymon Deco, and, combined with some homebuilt drive pedals, have 95% of all I'd ever need.
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 219
    I got mine recently and is absolutely perfect for me! Yeah, it's expensive, but I personally think it's worth it
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Really lovely pedal. Not a bad sound on it. Though you will get addicted and never want to turn it off. And I say that as someone who very much dislikes traditional chorus & flange pedals
    ^^

Great pedal.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • It’s an always on pedal for me...I use it mostly for saturation but wide stereo mode is cool also, with a short delay sent to one channel.
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD