Reverb and delay used here? (Jockey Full of Bourbon)

Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321

I'm trying to replicate this sound. But I suspect my ears are just not up to it, in terms of identifying the particular flavour or reverb and echo in use. I can sort of get some of the way there with:

Shortish plate reverb + tape type echo set to a slapback with a single repeat.
(Neunaber Immerse and Digitech Obscura)

But am I missing something? Spring reverb? Some other flavour of delay/echo/verb? Some vibrato or other modulation?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    A fair bit is also the attack on the strings, and the phrasing, as much as the tone, but I feel I'm falling short of the basic tone.
    Maybe solved it myself. Adding some tremolo makes all the difference. Anyway, tips welcome.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like typical surf or rockabilly style slapback echo + trem?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • He uses a Strymon Flint and Strymon Deco for most of these songs. I’m pretty sure it’s those. 
    Yeah, I know what he uses. He always runs it down in each video. But what I was curious about is: what reverb is he using (plate, spring, etc. or whatever the various options are on the Flint), which trem (same thing), and how much delay (slapback on the Deco, presumably).

Ta!
  • Matt_McG said:
    Yeah, I know what he uses. He always runs it down in each video. But what I was curious about is: what reverb is he using (plate, spring, etc. or whatever the various options are on the Flint), which trem (same thing), and how much delay (slapback on the Deco, presumably).

Ta!
    Now I also want to know this. 
    The closest I can get is shortish plate reverb, single repeat using the tape setting on the Obscura, Surfy trem in the harmonic tremolo mode (depth about half), with a fairly bright/transparent drive pedal with the gain about half way, bridge pickup.

Picking _hard_.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    I love this giys channel. So different from the run of the mill guitar stuff on the toob