What's Hot
2»

Comments

• brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    edited June 2018
    ESP horizon?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    "Lots to think about chaps, many thanks.
    I agree that the song defines the guitar and that Metallica on a 335 will sound like Metallica. But basically wanted something that sounds as close to my strats and les paul as possible to save lugging them both around and changing guitars mid gig."

Exactly what i was looking for.
    I have a Yamaha 611 which has a coil tap SD bucker in the bridge & a SD P90 in the neck, very versatile guitar & under £400 used or around £550-£600 new.
    I also have a Yamaha RGX HSH which I have just swapped the pick ups on & fitted Entwhistle HB"s bridge & neck & a middle single coil.
    Again very versatile sounding guitar & again well under budget.
    Both will do stratty & LP sounds.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    baldy said:
    "Lots to think about chaps, many thanks.
    I agree that the song defines the guitar and that Metallica on a 335 will sound like Metallica. But basically wanted something that sounds as close to my strats and les paul as possible to save lugging them both around and changing guitars mid gig."

Exactly what i was looking for.
    I have a Yamaha 611 which has a coil tap SD bucker in the bridge & a SD P90 in the neck, very versatile guitar & under £400 used or around £550-£600 new.
    I also have a Yamaha RGX HSH which I have just swapped the pick ups on & fitted Entwhistle HB"s bridge & neck & a middle single coil.
    Again very versatile sounding guitar & again well under budget.
    Both will do stratty & LP sounds.

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 611VFM too - and yes it's a lovely guitar and brilliant for versatility, and build quality is punching well above its weight. But I've got to create some space as I'm literally falling over stuff in my little den and I will have to let go of a few guitars and amps - because I have the Cu24 the 611 will sadly be on the list to go...once I can bring myself to make the painful choices.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    There's a Musicman Luke II on here that ticks all of your boxes - decent price too.  (No affiliiation honestly)
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 180
    Leaning towards a PRS at the moment. Can't say I like the look of the Pacifica 611VFM - that big P90 up front just doesn't look right to me!
    I'm also prefer to buy a guitar from a shop where I can try lots of other guitars and find the one that is right. Personally would rather pay a bit more and do it like that. Really don't get how people buy guitars without playing them first.
    Cheers again all!
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I'm working on preparing a video for just this at the moment in collaboration with a big-ish guitar youtuber.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    edited June 2018
    Teuffel Birdfish. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    *HSH Strat with Coil Splits - Jazz doesn't sound right with a Single sometimes.
    kelpbeds said:
    Leaning towards a PRS at the moment. Can't say I like the look of the Pacifica 611VFM - that big P90 up front just doesn't look right to me!
    I'm also prefer to buy a guitar from a shop where I can try lots of other guitars and find the one that is right. Personally would rather pay a bit more and do it like that. Really don't get how people buy guitars without playing them first.
    Cheers again all!
    If you don"t like the look of the Pacifica 611 there is the Pacifica 612 which is a HSS superstrat with wammy.
    Rock solid Yamaha build & versatile with the coil split Seymour Duncan HB, under £600 new or there is a used one on the classifieds for £325 iirc.
    You"ve probably guessed I am a Yamaha fan  =)
    Not a top end name, but the soon to be available Harley Benton (Thomann) Pro Fusion Superstrats http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/126944/harley-benton-pro-fusion-new-line-super-strats/p1
    are certainly, on paper anyway, very highly spec"ed hardware wise for the money & in HSS & HH with coil taps should be very versatile in the sounds department.
    Under £400, so even if the sound is not what you are after, a very good platform for modding.
    I am seriously thinking of giving one a try & am not put off by the name on the head stock.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    I can’t believe no one has played the
    ”Tele, end of thread “ 

card !
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10227

You answered your own question with the Charvel San Dimas  suggestion.Great guitars.

Pick one up second hand.Trust me you'll not be disappointed.

Caveat - I'm a major fan boy,so maybe a little biased.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    DrBob said:
    ”Tele, end of thread “ 

card !
    I was about to!
    A Baja tele with the s1 switch does it all. Alternatively, a tele with a neck humbucker will get most bases covered
  • Schnozz said:
    *HSH Strat with Coil Splits - Jazz doesn't sound right with a Single sometimes.
    And other times... :)

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    DrBob said:
    ”Tele, end of thread “ 

card !
    No whammy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Cols said:
    DrBob said:
    ”Tele, end of thread “ 

card !
    No whammy.
    Bigsby Tele :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    I'd buy this supersport but then I'm an ebmm fanboy.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/musicman-axis-supersport/1300476554
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    I’m quite enjoying my Reverend Eastside tbh, punchy and yet Strat like with a decent trem, only thing I’d toy with is fitting a neck humbucker 
    https://i.imgur.com/a2bMzuw.jpg
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    I'm a big believer in versatile players, rather than guitars. Guitars are fun and certainly do sound different, but I could do most gigs with a Strat or Tele or SG or 335 without anyone complaining. 

That said...
    sweepy said:
    I’m quite enjoying my Reverend Eastside tbh, punchy and yet Strat like with a decent trem, only thing I’d toy with is fitting a neck humbucker 
    https://i.imgur.com/a2bMzuw.jpg
    If that had strat contours on the top half it would be amazing. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires