theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
edited June 2018 in Events
Hi to all,

Starting on the mixing for you all... Will drip feed up to a play list as I get them done.

First up... Calling @lovestrat74 's @markblagdon @Tone71 with Come "Together"

Will update the playlist as I get the others finished.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    So, a bunch of people, who hadn't even met before let alone rehearsed together, walked into a room in a studio, plugged in, and played.

And that's the result.

in-effing-credible.

Thanks for the mixing @poopot - and thanks to everyone who attended Woking for making it happen. 

People of all skills, abilities and experience levels (IIRC, there's a 13yo playing on Come Together), just using their instruments for what their instruments were intended to be used for.

Making music and enjoying doing it.

:+1: 

IMHO, this is one of the main things that the forum should be about.  Helping people, encouraging people, supporting people, giving people a focus and target, TO PLAY THEIR GUITARS. , to make music, and to have a great time doing so with other like-minded people.

All the other crap that happens here is - well - just the other crap.

May there be many more jams in future.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    poopot said:
    Hi to all,

Starting on the mixing for you all... Will drip feed up to a play list as I get them done.

First up... Calling @lovestrat74 's @mrkb @Tone71 with Come "Together"

Will update the playlist as I get the others finished.
    Cheers @poopot Im very happy with that! Are the tracks downloadable? 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    That was he most stressful part of the day for me, stuck in traffic, missing a rehearsal of sorts, straight into a recording situation etc etc a billion excuses for rushing the solo......but it was a great, highly enjoyable with @lovestrat74 's? son playing bass truly brilliant.

Actually didn't sound as bad as I thought I had played on the day!!

How far is Huddersfield?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    mrkb said:

Cheers @poopot Im very happy with that! Are the tracks downloadable? 
    Yep, Should be, although it will be MP3.

What I was going to suggest is once everything is done if people DM me their email I will send the mixed WAV's out to every one... you can then create a CD etc.
    Tone71 said:
    That was he most stressful part of the day for me, stuck in traffic, missing a rehearsal of sorts, straight into a recording situation etc etc a billion excuses for rushing the solo......but it was a great, highly enjoyable with @lovestrat74 's? son playing bass truly brilliant.

Actually didn't sound as bad as I thought I had played on the day!!

How far is Huddersfield?
    Just to point out... That is the one and only recorded take of come together... First song of the day, no one had met anyone else, one take... Blinding job people!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    Calling @lovestrat74 's, @mrkb and @darthed1981.

Fire is now in the playlist:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Calling @mrkb, @darthed1981, @peteri and @McToot ;

Champagne Supernova for you... Who was on bass? I have @differs on my sheet but he has a line through his name!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    poopot said:

Champagne Supernova for you... Who was on bass? I have @differs on my sheet but he has a line through his name!

Bass was me.
    poopot said:

Bass was me.
    In that case..

calling @Bridgehouse as well... champagne supernova is up! 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Wow - I really killed my voice on Fire, a bit ropey on Champagne from memory it got better later on!  A bit rough around the edges (aimed entirely at me, not the thoroughly excellent rhythm section) but certainly sounds like Oasis :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Wow - I really killed my voice on Fire, a bit ropey on Champagne from memory it got better later on!  A bit rough around the edges (aimed entirely at me, not the thoroughly excellent rhythm section) but certainly sounds like Oasis :)
    Fire sound great dude!!!!
    Wow - I really killed my voice on Fire, 
    Maybe - but it sounded bloody good!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Thanks @poopot @ttony
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    poopot said:
    Just had a listen on the phone and it sounded great! Only thing missing was a Strat  :#
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    poopot said:
    Just had a listen on the phone and it sounded great! Only thing missing was a Strat  :#
    Nah, Fire is played on a Tele by all the cool middle aged blokes nowadays!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited June 2018
    Right then. Last one for now till I get sent some more...

Calling @TTony, @darthed1981, @McToot and @springhead....

Fortunate Son, good work chaps!!!! I'm off into the garden to hunt Charlie!....

****EDIT **** Slight Error fixed in the above - As you were, Nowt to see here.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Top stuff all sounds great, really pleased to hear the ones I didn't watch live, didn't see fire or fortunate son but they sound great.  Come Together for a one take first song sounds brilliant.  Did you play the custom @Tone71 ?

"People of all skills, abilities and experience levels (IIRC, there's a 13yo playing on Come Together), just using their instruments for what their instruments were intended to be used for.

Making music and enjoying doing it."

I thoroughly loved it.  Next time theres a jam thats not a 9 hour round trip i'm there for it.

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Thanks for the mix @poopot , nicely done.  That one was so quick - walk in, plug in, 4 clicks form your drummer, play and out.  Your mix confirms it did actually happen! 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    edited June 2018
    munckee said:
    Top stuff all sounds great, really pleased to hear the ones I didn't watch live, didn't see fire or fortunate son but they sound great.  Come Together for a one take first song sounds brilliant.  Did you play the custom @Tone71 ?

"People of all skills, abilities and experience levels (IIRC, there's a 13yo playing on Come Together), just using their instruments for what their instruments were intended to be used for.

Making music and enjoying doing it."

I thoroughly loved it.  Next time theres a jam thats not a 9 hour round trip i'm there for it.

Yep played it on all except Honky Tonk which was a MIM standard (in open G)

Really enjoying listening to all these they all sound excellent, actually didn't hear them all at the time as was downstairs practicing.
    poopot said:
    Right then. Last one for now till I get sent some more...

Calling @TTony, @darthed1981, @McToot and @springhead....

Fortunate Son, good work chaps!!!! I'm off into the garden to hunt Charlie!....

****EDIT **** Slight Error fixed in the above - As you were, Nowt to see here.....
    That one felt good at the time.

Solid and tight - and Matt was really hitting the  drums!