Windows 10 hasn't been good for me

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I was happy with Win 10 until last week. Update cock-up crashed two machines. Luckily I know how to fix such things behind the scenes.

Turned off One Drive .. found out what it does the hard way. Nasty piece of shitty software.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    I'm now quite liking 10.
    Initially I found it annoying, probably not helped by the first computer I used it on was majorly underpowered, so I stuck to Win 7 Pro for a while.

I had to concede and buy a new laptop last year, and now I'm used to it, I find it far better than previous incarnations.
    To find/launch anything, just hit the windows button, start typing, use up/down arrows if needed, and hit enter.

Worst thing I find about it, is the split settings. I.e. there's network settings using the new style win 10 type setting pages, then there's also still the old style settings pages, and you've got to learn what's on each page, and how to get to each page.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    That’s exactly it!  Two different ways to do the same thing!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    Fretwired said:
    I was happy with Win 10 until last week. Update cock-up crashed two machines. Luckily I know how to fix such things behind the scenes.

Turned off One Drive .. found out what it does the hard way. Nasty piece of shitty software.
    Yeah and that Cortana thing too! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Fretwired said:

What's wrong with Onedrive? 
  • Well here we go again; another update, another corrupt updater. If Bill Gates had my machine, even he would be questioning the merits of these forced updates that are seemingly riddled with bugs. Fucking awful.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4612
    Last update screwed with my GPU settings. Could not recognise I had a 1080p monitor. Unplugged monitor and replugged and suddenly it was recognised. (after much faffing with latest GPU and monitor drivers) yet it had no issue with a 10 year old internal USB card.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11410
    Last update screwed with my GPU settings. Could not recognise I had a 1080p monitor. Unplugged monitor and replugged and suddenly it was recognised. (after much faffing with latest GPU and monitor drivers) yet it had no issue with a 10 year old internal USB card.

That kind of thing can happen with pretty much anything though.  I had problems getting Windows 98 to recognise a sound card years ago, and I had problems getting a MacBook Pro to see an audio interface as well, so it's not even just a Windoze thing.