Moog ep3?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
Any long term users have any reviews on these?
Are a bargain or do they feel cheap and plasticky compared to a mission / EB / fractal expression pedal?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I think quite a lot of people have them as they are relatively cheap. I prefer it to my Roland one, it doesn’t get heavy use but it does get used and I’ve had it a few years without problem. 
    Probably ideally I’d have an expression pedal that offered a bit more resistance as it’s a bit easy to do big sweeps rather than something a bit more nuanced but that’s more of a problem with my heavy footedness and I don’t know to what extent the more expensive pedals would be better in that regard.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Thanks for that.    Sounds like they worn ok - I’m pretty heavy footed as well so I like a big sweep - the mini exp pedal from hotone and amt are wasted on me. 
     My main worry is that a few weeks of gigging and I’ll be ordering something more substantial to replace it and wishing I’d just spent the extra to start with. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    It is plastic, I’m sure it would be possible to break it but in normal use it hasn’t fallen apart with quite a lot of my 15stone bearing down on it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    I think they're great value and despite being plastic, they feel pretty solid. I might have one going up for sale shortly if you're interested. PM me for more info.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    They're fine in use but as has been mentioned don't inspire a lot of confidence until you try them.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    the sweep on them are good enough, they do feel a bit cheap and feather light but they are robust enough. 
    I'd personally stump up for a new TRS cable as well as the provided one is a bit flimsy
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Thanks chaps.  Appreciate the comments.    After a bit of thought I’m leaning towards a spring loaded mission but as they seem a bit thin on the ground I might try an ep3 in the meantime.   
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7160
    Dunlop DVP3 is my favourite. Had the Moog and can’t argue for the money.... but you can tell it’s cheap.