New synth day teenage engineering op 1

Hi all, at first I really wasn't sure, but over the last 24 hours it's a tarted to really come into its own  the synth engines are very unique and the 4 track. Really cool it makes you want to push yourself Musically.

It's so well made, but has to be said has a bit of a learning curve but once you stay to think the way it wants you too it's a truly powerful bit of kit, I would def recommend it. 

The drum sounds are really usable it includes 6 different sequencers including a standard pattern sequencer, 

The negatives, you can't do 32 length sequences, and no velocity sensitive keys, over all a great  it of kit, especially have a multi note sampler and fm radio  

https://i.imgur.com/lkrhSSJ.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    That looks great.
    Post some sounds if you get time.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    I’d really like one for at work! 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 373
    I've had my eye on one of these for a while, but I've never seen one in person, so was hesitant to drop the cash. I'd love to hear some thoughts and clips.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    @Shark_Eyes I have been using this aloy, and can confirm it's great I will get some sound clips up soon. 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 373
    Thanks! I'm interested in the learning curve as I can't get my head around their pocket synths at all.
    Thanks! I'm interested in the learning curve as I can't get my head around their pocket synths at all.
    To Be honest you do have to give it 24 hours, as it doesn't seem too Intuative (for me) at the time due to the ease of using daws, but once it clicks..... And it will, the coloured buttons make everything so easy, and then you can really start to get into the guts of it. 

The sampler is pretty phenomenal, and means you can use any sound you want.

If you're close to Stourbridge you're more than welcome to come over and have a play. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    I’m in the same boat - I bought some POs as an intro and they totally put me off :) I still think the OP-1 would be more fun / useful / straightforward to use but hesitant to take the plunge at the mo...
    @Moe_Zambeek dude! The PO's are great! Give them an hour and they start to become really intuitive.