Korg Monologue

What's Hot

As a follow on to my MIDI questions---Any Monologue owners/users here? 

I have recently got the synth bug and I've started off with a few Volcas---these are fun, but given that I now need a keyboard I've started looking at getting myself a more fully featured analogue synth. The idea is mainly just to do some sequencing and recording for my own amusement. Any opinions on the Monologue? 

Obviously in this price range the Microbrute and the Bass Station 2 get mentioned but those don't appeal as much. That said, I'm open to hearing opinions...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    edited June 2018
    I use my monologue daily, it's really versatile especially when you use the motion function which record live motions in the sequencer . . Honestly get it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I bought one a week or so ago. I haven't touched my guitars since I bought it. I think its a great synth to learn on but  it does  have its limits (like everything)
     If you use it as a MIDI Controller download something like Synth1 (free vst) you can cover plenty of ground with it and use the monologue sequencer as well. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    If you’ve already got a controller Doepfer Dark Energy is a great little synth. The first version sounds bettter than the second. Its semi modular so it might get you on the slippery slope to Eurorack mind. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Assuming you're sequencing from something else (DAW, for example), buy the Behringer Model D. or for something a bit more patch-able, wait for the Neutron to be released in the next month or two.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881

Thanks guys.

I don't have a controller yet which is part of the reason for looking at something like the Monologue. The Model D does look cool, but I think the eurorack / racked synth door is not one that I want to open yet. I think I could be very happy with a couple of cheap(ish) analog monos and some software polys.

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I love my Monologue, especially being able to see the soundwave you're making. It's nicely laid out and there isn't much of a learning curve to the sequencer. Between that, my Yamaha CP, and my Ultranova I'm all set.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited July 2018
    I only came here cos I read the OP as Kylie Minogue
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    you should be so lucky ....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    west said:
    57Deluxe said: