Deluxe reverb head shells?

What's Hot
BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
Anyone know where these are available at a reasonable price?

Dug my old, forgotten and very battered DRRI out of the barn the other day. It has sat there and rusted or been shat upon by sparrows for about five years. Out of curiosity/boredom I wired up a Greenback and inserted some valves, plugged it in, put on protective clothing and hit the on switch. F*** moi, it not only worked but sounded pretty good.

I don’t want to spend out on having the entire combo refurbed because it would need an almost total rebuild. But if I could slip the amp and reverb tank into a relatively inexpensive head shell it would make a good spare gigging head.

Or, and I realise I am starting to sound slightly disturbed here, has anyone ever cut down a DRRI to head size? Is this even possible without advanced woodworking skills?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71952

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Cool man you turned your amp into a barn find! And each extra dollop of sparrow shit should  add 50 quid to the sale price! I think you  could  be in the money here! ;)
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    kreggs said:
    Cool man you turned your amp into a barn find! And each extra dollop of sparrow shit should  add 50 quid to the sale price! I think you  could  be in the money here! ;)
    In that case it’s yours for £2.4k. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

ICBM said:
    Perfect. Apart from the price. I wonder if they’ll take an offer. 
    Aye 270 quid a bit steep maybe for 200 would  be reasonable  . I have had my eye on a tweed bandmaster chassis  from Tad. Pricey though!
    Actually  tube town in germany do loads of headshell types  but i couldnt find a deluxe reverb  one. They had super  reverb and twin reverb. Would they fit? You would think so but im not so sure. Hmmmm
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    kreggs said:
    Actually  tube town in germany do loads of headshell types  but i couldnt find a deluxe reverb  one. They had super  reverb and twin reverb. Would they fit? You would think so but im not so sure. Hmmmm
    No. The chassis are different sizes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    edited June 2018
    I wonder @Blacksheep if Michael @Modulus_Amps  would be the man to ask. Built me a perfect little Fender-style Vibro Champ cab to my measurements. Not listed here but i am sure he could do it: https://modulusamplification.com/CABINETS-C261234.aspx?sid=12886

ICBM said:
    kreggs said:
    No. The chassis are different sizes.
    Haha I knew you would know :) The twin with 2 speaker and super with 4 speaker configuration vs the 1 speaker in the deluxe now makes perfect sense as to why. 
    JohnPerry said:
    I wonder @Blacksheep if Michael @Modulus_Amps  would be the man to ask. Built me a perfect little Fender-style Vibro Champ cab to my measurements. Not listed here but i am sure he could do it: https://modulusamplification.com/CABINETS-C261234.aspx?sid=12886
    We never talk anymore. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    JohnPerry said:
    I wonder Blacksheep if Michael Modulus_Amps  would be the man to ask. Built me a perfect little Fender-style Vibro Champ cab to my measurements. Not listed here but i am sure he could do it: https://modulusamplification.com/CABINETS-C261234.aspx?sid=12886
    We never talk anymore. 
    Not sure if that is directed at me or not, We could build one for you, cheaper than TAD but you would have to wait as I have a 6 week backlog on cabs at the moment.

I have seen that Zilla are making head cabs too and I think Chris Uff is still making cabs, there are others I am sure.

if you have a router and a jig saw you could make your own, BNQ can cut ply or MDF to size, cheap and functional.. you probably don't even need a router if you don't mind the rough made in the barn look

Cheers
    JohnPerry said:
    I wonder Blacksheep if Michael Modulus_Amps  would be the man to ask. Built me a perfect little Fender-style Vibro Champ cab to my measurements. Not listed here but i am sure he could do it: https://modulusamplification.com/CABINETS-C261234.aspx?sid=12886
    We never talk anymore. 
    Not sure if that is directed at me or not, We could build one for you, cheaper than TAD but you would have to wait as I have a 6 week backlog on cabs at the moment.

I have seen that Zilla are making head cabs too and I think Chris Uff is still making cabs, there are others I am sure.

if you have a router and a jig saw you could make your own, BNQ can cut ply or MDF to size, cheap and functional.. you probably don't even need a router if you don't mind the rough made in the barn look

Cheers
    Sorry the "we never talk anymore" was a joke for Mr Perry, who replied to me on here even though we share an office. 

But your six-week backlog wouldn't worry me. I'm in no great hurry.