theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    ta - nah what's done is done, publish and be damned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Shamone Mother Hubbards!...

Calling @Guitar_Slinger, ;@darthed1981, @Brocco and @peteri ;

Beat It!!!!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    pmbomb said:
     @slacker - we should have another go mate!

OK but I'm not holding back on the vocals next time. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbomb said:
    and + 1 for the bass player who didn't know we were doing it Kravitz style (and key) until 30 seconds before we started.
    Ah, you were doing it Kravitz style! Sorry, never picked up on that - drums are totally wrong!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2018
    Kee-kee!  . Listened to Beat It with a smile on my face, as it took me back into the room. First of a few sessions on bass for me.

It was good to say hello to @drumswithpoopot, talk about the intro and jump straight in.  Fun day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    pmbomb said:
    and + 1 for the bass player who didn't know we were doing it Kravitz style (and key) until 30 seconds before we started.
    Ah, you were doing it Kravitz style! Sorry, never picked up on that - drums are totally wrong!
    Not a problem, sounded ok to me.

Also 4 people playing different things worked for the Who. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Listening to your own contribution in a band context is so enlightening!  I have to agree with all the earlier comments on how valuable these jams are for those like myself who are less accomplished and have no experience of playing in bands. These events would not be possible without the generosity of everyone who steps up to take on the sometimes thankless organisational aspects, and the experienced players who provide encouragement, support and some very useful playing tips. May there be many, many more....   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    poopot said:
    Shamone Mother Hubbards!...

Calling @Guitar_Slinger, ;@darthed1981, @Brocco and @peteri ;

Beat It!!!!!

Those extra bars at the start of verse two entirely my fault!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    darthed1981 said:Those extra bars at the start of verse two entirely my fault!
    Rule number one!... the verse starts when the diva sorry, singer says the verse starts... :)

Everyone else holds on what they are doing till the vocal kicks in!!!!!!
    poopot said:
    darthed1981 said:Those extra bars at the start of verse two entirely my fault!
    Rule number one!... the verse starts when the diva sorry, singer says the verse starts... :)

Everyone else holds on what they are doing till the vocal kicks in!!!!!!
    Wisdom given. The vocalist is never wrong. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Those extra bars at the start of verse two entirely my fault!

A pro violinist friend of mine, when I was having an apology/confession-fest, once told me a lovely story of when she first rocked up to her first proper orchestral gig. She made some minor error and said "sorry" and the chap sat next to her was at the other end of his career just looked at her and said "Young lady, never apologise for anything. They've asked you to be here, you're good enough, that's it."

She's an incredibly humble and gracious person, but she said those were probably the most helpful things anyone ever said to her.

(Despite this she's apologised to me when we've played together in a friends/amateur context, which always makes me howl with laughter, as I generally feel like I should apologise for existing when it comes to making music with her, she's just brilliant).
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    poopot said:
    Right then

Sweet Home Alabama... Calling @Bridgehouse , @sev112, @Flanging_Fred and @drumswithpoopot ;

Good work chaps:

Well, well,. Not too shabby for a first take with people we've only just met. @sev112 cracking job on the vox and solo's.  Many thanks @poopot and @ttony (and others!) for all the hard work.
    That is extremely kind of you to say @Flanging_Fred ;

Given that was the first day in a couple of months that I’ve been anywhere out of the house for more than half a day and am normally asleep after a couple of hours, and my illness has massively reduced my ability to practice for any more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time, I was really pleased just to get through it.  I’m glad I learned the licks back when we did the initial arrangements for the day and didn’t leave it til the end :)
    Really enjoyable day for multiple reasons, but thanks for putting up with me :)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    That's very good you guys, be proud.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    And thanks @poopot for getting them all posted here.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    And thanks @poopot for getting them all posted here.
    :)
    No problem at all... I will get some more done this eve!... giving my ears a break :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Really enjoying these recordings thanks @poopot ;
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    edited June 2018
    Bonjour to @TTony, @Bridgehouse and @slacker ;

Call me the Breeze:

P.S. remixed Sweet home - Listened in the car and there just wasn't enough guitars for my liking....
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    poopot said:

Call me the Breeze:

P.S. remixed Sweet home - Listened in the car and there just wasn't enough guitars for my liking....
    So, turns out that I could sing and keep the rhythm going.  Just had to stop thinking about it, and just play it
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    TTony said:
    poopot said:

Call me the Breeze:

So, turns out that I could sing and keep the rhythm going.  Just had to stop thinking about it, and just play it
    ;)

I told you - I watched this from the control room and was very impressed!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Damn it - I'm always late to these things. Not listened to all tracks yet (though I will). From a purely personal perspective it's not difficult to tell there were nerves in Supernova. The fact that I had to stay in the room for a second track immediately after means that Fortunate son sounds much tighter (it is much easier to be tight on that track it has to be said) as I'd relaxed a bit. 

Its really intersting for me, having never been recorded/mixed is that it ALL sounds very different to the live room. 

Thanks to @poopot for the the mix, @drumswithpoopot  for thumping the tubs on 2 or 3 of the songs I was on , and to all the fellow strummers/shouters/widdlers 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)