Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    TADodger said:
    Just in case: I wasn't being critical and I've really enjoyed the two jams that I have been to so far and agree that they are very inclusive, just as has been said. But, it never hurts to be clear that people don't have to play in the set list, can play as much or as little as they want, or even not play at all.
    I don't think anyone thought you were being critical at all, and I for one didn't realise you'd already been to two, so my apologies if you thought I was being patronising, I certainly didn't mean to be.
    @TheOtherDennis, I didn't think that at all.

P.S. what do i have to pay and where can I stay please............
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
    edited June 2018
    Not sure what levels the minibuses will be, but due to my wife's disability, I possess a VW Caddy with a ramp. It has four seats (plus me) and a small van load of space in the back. I am perfectly happy to do some gear ferrying for those who need it. I won't be there till early/mid-afternoon, but for the evening bit, those who need to can load their stuff into the back of my van and I can transport it and up to four others to the venue and thence to the hotel, and back to the studio thingy the next morning.

@TADodger - cool. All payment instructions are on page 1 of this thread, I believe, or you can paypal £20 for one of either Saturday or Sunday, or £40 for the whole weekend, to admin@thefretboard.co.uk. Hope that helps.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I won’t be drinking in the day either so that’s another 4 seats if required to go back to the hotel. 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Confirming I am in both days - have Paypal'd the £40 and booked a room at the Cambridge. Thanks to all doing the heavy lifting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    pmbomb said:
    Confirming I am in both days - have Paypal'd the £40 and booked a room at the Cambridge. Thanks to @Sasquatch_Bob for doing the heavy metal.
    FTFY

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Logistics - for info, particularly if it helps @legionreturns and the multi-mini-maxi-bus plans.

Had an idle thought and checked with the hotel, and earliest check-in is 2p.m.   So for anyone driving up/down/across on Saturday morning we're pretty much going to have to do Studio > Hotel > Club (or piss the hotel off with 20 middle-aged blokes milling about at 10 in the morning wanting to check-in whilst keeping an eye on their cars full of kit ;) ).
    Snags said:
    Logistics - for info, particularly if it helps @legionreturns and the multi-mini-maxi-bus plans.

Had an idle thought and checked with the hotel, and earliest check-in is 2p.m.   So for anyone driving up/down/across on Saturday morning we're pretty much going to have to do Studio > Hotel > Club (or piss the hotel off with 20 middle-aged blokes milling about at 10 in the morning wanting to check-in whilst keeping an eye on their cars full of kit ;) ).
    I think they have a luggage room for early arrivals, hence the suggestion that bags get dumped if rooms aren't ready. 

pmbomb said:
    Confirming I am in both days - have Paypal'd the £40 and booked a room at the Cambridge. Thanks to @Sasquatch_Bob for doing the heavy metal.
    FTFY
    that's becoming a habit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bags? What are these bags?

Packing check list:

- me
    - wallet
    - guitars

;)
  • pmbomb said:
    FTFY
    I may not have many skills, but heavy metal I can do. And rather well too lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Did we manage to incorporate the shower break into the schedule? 

Can't image mountains of bags needed, would said bags fit in minibus/transport for check in after Saturday studio time?

Snags said:

Packing check list:

- me
    - wallet
    - guitars

;)
    Not even a Glasgow shower? 

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Snags said:

Packing check list:

- me
    - wallet
    - guitars

;)
    Not even a Glasgow shower? 

72h worth of shower in 1 spray that, he just needs a quick squirt before he leaves on Saturday morning and he's good for the weekend :)
    What's the point? Beer and junk food in the evening mean it's paint stripper farts by morning regardless, let's face it.

Sunday's session is all in solo booths, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Guys we are going to be in a pub - ladies present!

I'm not on the pull (as a married man) but I'm having a shower first!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    @darthed1981 I've been mistaken for a lady twice in recent years. I'm thinking a bit of a grungey look might be necessary protection lest those rough northern types try to do unmentionable things to me
    Snags said:
    @darthed1981 I've been mistaken for a lady twice in recent years. I'm thinking a bit of a grungey look might be necessary protection lest those rough northern types try to do unmentionable things to me
    As well as unmentionable, there'll be unintelligible things. They speak proper funny round here! 

pmbomb said:
    FTFY
    I may not have many skills, but heavy metal I can do. And rather well too lol
    we're going to get along just fine.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I recommend a spare pair of pants in your gig bag (fnarr) - just in case the Hudders Grannies rip yours off in a post gig ageing sex pest frenzy of knob n balls action.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Snags said:
    Crikey, don't get put in prison mate they will pass you around like, well, the soap...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
This discussion has been closed.