Interesting saddle design

What's Hot
These saddles bend right back and the height adjustment grub screws thread through two points on the saddle. I wonder if that confers any significant advantages in terms tone or stability...

https://imgur.com/a/C8XpH9T
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I have a feeling it will make no difference at all :) 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    It probably helps with the odd wobbly saddle, but the original design works well enough when well built.  Gives more height adjustment too, but you will lose the above benefit if you take advantage of it

it won’t hurt anything 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72308
    Definitely better from an engineering viewpoint and will prevent the occasional wobbly screw which you can get when they're right at the end of the thread, but it will have absolutely no effect on tone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    You can just use the lower threads and have the tops of the grub screws sunken so you don't catch your hand on them. I think that was the rationale behind the design.
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    It looks a lot like the saddles on the WIlkinson VG300 trem