FINAL CALL for the party ...

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    To balance, I like the Saturday - I don't have to take days off work :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    p90fool said:
    Roland said:
    Got to say guys, I’m really disappointed there’s been such a poor response to this - I appreciate people are busy and have families - but this is a great opportunity to meet some of the people who make this place what it is.

The venue is great - everyone I’ve met on here is great in ‘real life’ - if there’s any possibility you can make it, you really should. 
    Other events have been well attended. A big factor will be the date. Many people are on holiday during August. Personally, I’d be there if I hadn’t got other commitments. 
    Bear in mind also that it's a musician's forum, so Saturday night is the worst possible night for some of us!

I'm trying to wriggle out of a gig, but it means I'm asking my bandmates to forfeit a ton each...
    All the other jams have been on a Saturday - and all finished late enough that it would be difficult to go do a gig afterwards.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I've been asked in private by a few people if I'm going to this.

I'll reiterate here, I would LOVE to but I've signed up for the last 3 Jam sessions, going back to Leicester last year and missed/had to pull out of ALL of them.
    The reasons why I couldn't even make it up and the disappointment for me and those who were depending on me was horrible and it leaves me cold and very depressed.

If I can be there and take an available space, I will do but I don't dare sign up for this, knowing my life is still fairly unpredictable and might well be for the rest of this year.

I have no money, no car and unreliable health although that last one seems to be getting better treatment now I'm in Liverpool and there's some hope there now where before it was much worse.

I'm sorry I can't offer more support at this stage but if I make it there I'll play on as many songs as I can and do everything I can to support the event.

I hope that clears up my position on this and any future Jam sessions.
    I'd hate for people to think I'm quiet at the moment because I don't want to support this place.
    That couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm quiet at the moment while I try to get my life back together and make myself and my life into something worth having here and at the Jams.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    @Alnico if you find you can make it, even last minute, you know where I am, and I'll personally drive over there and bundle you and your gear into my car to get you there. 

Absolutely not intended as pressure, just giving you an option. Less than 24 hours notice is fine. 

Take care buddy! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Alnico if you find you can make it, even last minute, you know where I am, and I'll personally drive over there and bundle you and your gear into my car to get you there. 

Absolutely not intended as pressure, just giving you an option. Less than 24 hours notice is fine. 

Take care buddy! 
    Thanks man, I appreciate that a lot.

I'll see how things are that week and let you know.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    will be good to see you if can make it Mark - Best wishes with everything - keep in touch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    will be good to see you if can make it Mark - Best wishes with everything - keep in touch
    Thanks mate.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Yes @Alnico it would be good if you’re able to make a last minute appearance.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    I have been hanging back on this due to ill health and extremely busy at work, i would LOVE to pop along BUT i havent been able to pick a guitar up for the last couple of weeks due to a trapped nerve, so i cant make a decision until nearer the time. 
    I have been hanging back on this due to ill health and extremely busy at work, i would LOVE to pop along BUT i havent been able to pick a guitar up for the last couple of weeks due to a trapped nerve, so i cant make a decision until nearer the time. 
    Just come anyway.

Ogle some gear, chat some shit, listen to some playing, drink some beer.

I'm not giving you a blowie tho. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Just come anyway.

why not ? i have already had my yearly wash so its clean. Tease 
    Just come anyway.

why not ? i have already had my yearly wash so its clean. Tease 
    Eh, maybe then.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    No hookers and no blow jobs? What kind of rock 'n roll party is this anyway?
    Some of the older patrons at the bowling club don't have teeth... I'm told that makes a significant difference.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Some of the older patrons at the bowling club don't have teeth... I'm told that makes a significant difference.
    Yeah, less biting.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    It’s getting more tempting, I must say..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Bit of early (and truly terrible!) jam practice this aft... really should learn the words...and how to actually play the damn thing!  :/ 

Bit of early (and truly terrible!) jam practice this aft... really should learn the words...and how to actually play the damn thing!  :/ 

Who's the good looking bloke with the..

..oh sorry, wrong thread...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    edited June 2018
    Would've loved to have come to this when I saw it announced, however I'm overseas then so cannot make it. Next year I'm definitely going to make it to one of the jams/social gatherings at least if I can. I thought this would be be reet popular and subscribed quickly, I'm quite surprised it hasn't been actually. 

Good luck with the new plans anyway and I'll look forward to seeing the vids/images and reviews of the weekend. Can't wait to get to one for real soon. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5325

Woohoo!  I've been fixing a few in my brainy too.  Including that one. All will be well and all things will be well!