5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    pmbomb said:
    Suppose non of those titles float your boat and you just want to jam? What then?
    I'll jam with you if you want to rock.

There are easy songs we can teach and use as a base.
    Me too - I'm hoping I get half an hour this time round to jam in another room - usually I'm stuck organising the main room
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Bridgehouse yes I'd lurve to bring the archtop, but I'd also like to bring a solid and maybe some toys (FX). Would be willing to bring archtop + SG and no toys to minimise weight, so long as there are lots of overdrives to cascade one into the other! Subject to @TTony being alright with that (once upon a time we thought we might travel together: I could still be up for that even though I initially baulked at such an early start)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    pmbomb said:
    Suppose non of those titles float your boat and you just want to jam? What then?

R U up for trying a few home-brewed (but favourite) chord progressions? Can send charts ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    @Bridgehouse yes I'd lurve to bring the archtop, but I'd also like to bring a solid and maybe some toys (FX). Would be willing to bring archtop + SG and no toys to minimise weight, so long as there are lots of overdrives to cascade one into the other! Subject to @TTony being alright with that (once upon a time we thought we might travel together: I could still be up for that even though I initially baulked at such an early start)
    I'm bringing my Helix - you can stack a whole heap of overdrives. Most people will bring some stuff and I'm sure if you ask then someone will bring suitable FX for use ;)

pmbomb said:

R U up for trying a few home-brewed (but favourite) chord progressions? Can send charts ...
    I certainly would be if you've got thoughts on a bass line progression to go with them - or we can work through them on the day!
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited June 2018
    McToot said:
    sticker said:
    McToot said:
    I'll have a pop at vox on Supernova. It sounded OK when I howled it in the car on the way to Woking. I haven't sung live (in front of peep) since 1986 though...

so about 9 years before it was released then ...impressive!  
    Last set I sung live was Kayleigh into She Sells Sanctuary and finishing with Walking on Sunshine. 

Better?
    Sorry , I misread your post on my phone that you last sung ‘Supernova in ‘86 ! 
    No offence meant , honest guv! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmbomb said:

by all means send but I can't promise if they need much time/effort to learn.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    McToot said:
    sticker said:
    McToot said:
    I'll have a pop at vox on Supernova. It sounded OK when I howled it in the car on the way to Woking. I haven't sung live (in front of peep) since 1986 though...

so about 9 years before it was released then ...impressive! ;)  
    Last set I sung live was Kayleigh into She Sells Sanctuary and finishing with Walking on Sunshine. 

Better?
    Doesn't get much more 1980s than that!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    sticker said:
    McToot said:
    sticker said:
    McToot said:

so about 9 years before it was released then ...impressive!  

Better?
    Sorry , I misread your post on my phone that you last sung ‘Supernova in ‘86 ! 
    No offence meant , honest guv! 
    None taken dude. 

I have always considered myself ahead of the times but...

;) 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    fandango said:
    @Bridgehouse ;;;;;;;

Whilst I appreciate all the work that’s going into the weekend in question, can you clarify whether the set list is final or whether there’s going to be some changes or additions.
    BTW - I added Take It Easy in - I hope you'll pick a guitar slot on it
    Sadly, I was on the cusp of taking a rain check because of the song choices on offer  s ... but now Take it Easy has been confirmed ... put me down for rhythm  :)

However, this is on the proviso that someone else is enthusiastic enough to take up lead and vocals, since this song's a bit pointless if it's just drums, bass and a single guitar.

Am planning to attend on the Saturday.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    fandango said:
    fandango said:
    @Bridgehouse ;;;;;;;

Whilst I appreciate all the work that’s going into the weekend in question, can you clarify whether the set list is final or whether there’s going to be some changes or additions.
    BTW - I added Take It Easy in - I hope you'll pick a guitar slot on it
    Sadly, I was on the cusp of taking a rain check because of the song choices on offer  s ... but now Take it Easy has been confirmed ... put me down for rhythm  :)

However, this is on the proviso that someone else is enthusiastic enough to take up lead and vocals, since this song's a bit pointless if it's just drums, bass and a single guitar.

Am planning to attend on the Saturday.
    I've also offered to do guitar on that one today. The list just insn't up to date - that's all. I think it'll be too high a register for me to attempt signing (unless we want to do Barry White sings the Eagles), but will have a go when I'm alone and not in danger of ridicule from the wife and kids...

What other songs WOULD you want to play? I'm sure there's wiggle room to loose one and add another...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Yeah, there’s always wriggle room as the songs get picked or not and we end up with a couple that fall away
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I'd love to sing Take It Easy if that's still available. 

Electric guitar and vocals on Boulevard please. 

Thanks to @McToot for rhythm duties on Boulevard, I think we've got everything we need guitar-wise on that now. We should conflab between ourselves which parts we should play. Exciting. 

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Can i change to bass on Never gonna change puhlease? 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664

@LuttiS @pmbomb and myself have been messaging on "Never Gonna Leave" so @LuttiS will play bass, @pmbomb and myself will play guitar and I'll take vocals as well (as long as no-one else wants sing it).
    @McToot ;

Am happy if you want to take rhythm on Take it Easy. But as I said earlier, the song needs a lead guitar and vocals as well. And talking of vocals, I note @modellista has agreed to warble* for the assembled hordes.

* Russian for "sing his heart out"

Calling out for volunteer to do lead guitar on Take it Easy ....

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    pmbomb said:
    fandango said:
    Setlist V1

- Please pick a JJ Cale song!
    Mama Don't.
    I'm up for this - can easy add bass/drum grove only + improvised solo if/when required - count me in - In Bm

I'm okay for say 'Thrill is gone' if you want laid back and/or Need your love with @richardhomer ; (I'll sit on chord duty)

Brown Sugar if you want
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    pmbomb said:
    fandango said:
    Setlist V1

- Please pick a JJ Cale song!
    Mama Don't.
    I'm up for this - can easy add bass/drum grove only + improvised solo if/when required - count me in - In Bm

I'm okay for say 'Thrill is gone' if you want laid back and/or Need your love with @richardhomer ; (I'll sit on chord duty)

Brown Sugar if you want
    put me down for Mama Don't - Guitar rhythm/lead with @richardhomer ;
    Another call for lead guitar on Take it Easy to make the song a goer. Anyone?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    fandango said:
    Another call for lead guitar on Take it Easy to make the song a goer. Anyone?
    Have a go yourself @fandango - get the scale and a few phases right and the rest can be adapted to your ability. That’s what I’ve been doing at the jams, and it has gradually improved my playing and also made me less nervous as you realise you don’t need to play a note perfect version.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom