SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @BloodEagle  thanks - but I think that's the same one that Richard Henry is now advertising for just under three grand
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @matt1973  I'll take a look if I can get onto his Facebook page - it's a closed group. I'm wondering if that might be the same one I'm talking about above that was on here last year and is now on eBay?  Some of the seller's feedback on eBay addresses him as Billy.  I'm definitely turning into a guitar detective now, it's scary.  Also, I'm blown away by the help I've received on here.  Thanks!
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Oh yeah, it looks like it is - that’s weird, same guitar in two separate eBay listings - slightly suspect or just someone trying to maximise their eBay presence? 
  • @BloodEagle   my guess is that the eBayer with the "handy contact number" has sold it to Richard Henry privately but hasn't taken down the listing yet.  Not a good look though, considering the price difference between the two adverts! 
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    @matt1973  I'll take a look if I can get onto his Facebook page - it's a closed group. I'm wondering if that might be the same one I'm talking about above that was on here last year and is now on eBay?  Some of the seller's feedback on eBay addresses him as Billy.  I'm definitely turning into a guitar detective now, it's scary.  Also, I'm blown away by the help I've received on here.  Thanks!
    Yup it’s the same guitar. Still, if you look him up on Facebook, then I dare say you may get a better deal if you decide to pursue that particular guitar.
  • Thanks for recommending the 2012 @matt1973, I’m really gutted to have to let it go but these things happen. If I can raise funds another way I’ll keep it.  
  • It's a funny old game, this high end second-hand guitar thing.  The guitar that Richard Henry is selling is now listed at two different prices on two different selling platforms, and is also listed by another vendor for £500 less.  Meanwhile the 87/89 mystery guitar, as listed on here last year as an 87 for £2,600, is now listed by Billy Dawson as an 89 for £2,600 on eBay and as an 87 for £2,850 on Gumtree.  Hey, I might be being naive, but how hard is it for a guitar to have one owner, one date of manufacture, and one price?  I think I'll swerve the dealers and stick with buying from owner-players.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are you sure you don’t want mine??
  • @guitarmansteve77  it's a beauty but I'm stuck on the idea of an older one this time
  • Ok mate, let me know if you change your mind. 
  • Still looking for The One.  A creamy late 80s alpine white beauty....