New Fender Player Jaguar Tidepool leaked

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
Thought some of you may be interested in this leaked new Fender Jaguar, no official details just yet so just photo and a US price.

https://www.gearnews.com/leak-fender-player-jaguar-pf-tidepool-spotted-in-the-wild-in-the-usa/

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 650
    Like the colour.....   but the bridge!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Nice colour. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    I agree the colour is very nice, not sure about the rest of it though.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Quite like that. USD 674 ? So about £800 by the time it lands here then ?
    DrBob said:
    Quite like that. USD 674 ? So about £800 by the time it lands here then ?
    Sounds about right unfortunately

• mar10mar10 Frets: 12
    Quite like it, would be decent if it was the equivalent of 674usd ... but yeah
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    Telecasters and strats have been seen too. The rumours are that this line will replace the Mexican standard series, so there is a chance they could be priced cheaper than £800.

Not sure why they would want to replace the standard series with them though.
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    It's a continuation of the rebranding/refresh Fender has been doing the last few years.
    American Standard/Deluxe - American Professional/Elite
    AVRI - American Original.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Gerz6558 said:
    Telecasters and strats have been seen too. The rumours are that this line will replace the Mexican standard series, so there is a chance they could be priced cheaper than £800.

Not sure why they would want to replace the standard series with them though.
    Where is this rumour from? 
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    It's been discussed on TGP and TDPRI the last month - apparently Fender reps/dealers have confirmed it. Mexican "Standard"  range is being replaced with a "Players" range. Official announcement/launch is supposed to be NAMM.
    Apparently Fender have already removed the Standard range from their US website in preparation. They were dropping colours from the site as they sold out (the US site sells direct to the public) which is what tipped some sleuth types off.
    I can't remember where I read it but the logo is changing to spaghetti-style, Strats go to 2 point trem, possibly 22 fret necks across the board (the war on vintage spec marches on) and some finish/colour changes too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BebopperBebopper Frets: 129

Fender on Twitter: "We'll tell you more about this June 19th"

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    edited June 2018
    I'm probably alone, but I hate blade switches so much. I can only tolerate them on Teles.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 650
    Babones said:
    I'm probably alone, but I hate blade switches so much. I can only tolerate them on Teles.

It would look better if it was mounted on a chrome plate like Marr Jag, otherwise id have gone for the Gibson type.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    It's been discussed on TGP and TDPRI the last month - apparently Fender reps/dealers have confirmed it. Mexican "Standard"  range is being replaced with a "Players" range. Official announcement/launch is supposed to be NAMM.
    Apparently Fender have already removed the Standard range from their US website in preparation. They were dropping colours from the site as they sold out (the US site sells direct to the public) which is what tipped some sleuth types off.
    I can't remember where I read it but the logo is changing to spaghetti-style, Strats go to 2 point trem, possibly 22 fret necks across the board (the war on vintage spec marches on) and some finish/colour changes too.
    Strats go to 2 point trem... yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk. VILE. Horrible. Fender, WTF are you doing? Not *all* players (note the word 'players' - ironic based on the new name) like the feel or tone of two post trems and for those of us that don't gently stroke the strings with a touch more gentle than a fart carressing a feather, they CHIRP.

A proper players upgrade would be to stop farting about with soppy springs (that don't work) and fit nylon collars in the trems to stop arm slop. A proper player's upgrade would be locking machine heads with staggered heights and no string trees (with a PROPERLY CUT graphite or low friction nut). And to ensure the base-plates of your trems are properly machined to the correct angle so that they return to pitch... something lacking in some recent Mexican Strats I've worked on...

As for the guitar pictured... meh, looks like a home-built partcaster. I like the colour (and the fact there's no flippin corned beef), but I don't like the humbucker... but then I don't play grunge.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    JD50 said:
    Babones said:

It would look better if it was mounted on a chrome plate like Marr Jag, otherwise id have gone for the Gibson type.

Even that looks clunky to me.

impmann said:
    As for the guitar pictured... meh, looks like a home-built partcaster. 
    Agreed. Poor design choices.

I'm also bemused by Fender changing all their series names.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413

So basically, the new Standard Series Mexican Tele.
    tFB Trader
    Yes -they are dropping the Standard series name and replacing it with this Player series.
    22 frets, bent steel saddles, spaghetti logo - these actually look very similar to the old American Standard range (replaced by the American Professional).
    It';s funny that these still have vintage spec bridge spacing/hole locations but modern bridges that a lot of players swap out for a vintage style bridge and the new American Professional has modern spec bridge spacing/hole locations but a vintage style bridge (which imo doesn't work very well due to the closer string through holes). They dropped their most vintage accurate range for a modern/vintage hybrid and are mixing vintage spec and modern parts on their base models (US and Mexican).
    Fender seems to have a bit of an identity problem at the moment.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 850
    As soon as I saw the truss rod access at the headstock I gave up looking! I'm probably the only person that can't stomach that. I like a headstock to be as clean as possible no matter how difficult it makes adjusting it, it worked okay for 50 odd years the hole there just looks cheap.
    edited June 2018
    Nothing worse than a cheap looking hole

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom