WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I love the summer tournaments - WC and Euros. More so the WC as it’s bigger and there’s more going on.

Plus as I said before, I enjoy watching England crash out and the subsequent national inquiry and trial by media. It’s not as exciting or interesting when they’re not participating to begin with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I've got a bad feeling about this....   Russian thugs, racist chanting, bananas...   and that's just the police.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Good work!  We love Duggee round these parts.

Well, when I say "we", I mean my 2-year-old granddaughter and me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Once that's done with, I fancy one if the African teams to be a surprise package and get to the semis or final. 
    There was an article on the BBC sport website a few days ago that gave England a 4% chance of winning...no surprises there.

same article stated a 47% chance of a first time winner and can’t rmeeber the figure but there’s a fairly decent chance of an African side to do well.

my money’s on France or Belgium.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
     Between various office sweepstakes the Weary family have Mexico, Colombia and Iran. So we will be cheering those on as well as Engerland. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    edited June 2018
    Stuck a tenner on Suarez for the Golden Boot at 25/1 just for shits and giggles. 
    Im Scottish so I'm bitter to the core, jealous of England's 1966 victory and would crawl under a rock for the rest of my life if they ever won it again so cling to the hope that other teams will beat them so as not to suffer eternal shame in Scotland never having won a World Cup as England only ever won one like 60 or 70 years ago or summat
    Fixed  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    edited June 2018
    Just for the Jocks:

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited June 2018
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43956267

Only 9 teams have lost a world cup - final - name all 9 - do the above quiz

I got 8 - and to be honest the one I got wrong I would not have got right with another 10 guesses
    and they're all Holland
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

Clarky said:
    I plan to miss every game and play guitar instead
    I actually have to give a guitar lesson next Monday night when the England vs Tunisia game is on!
    so you'll miss a dreary 1-1 lmao
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    i support neville southall united. am madly in love with him in fact. a real football hero.

Q. "Is Southall looking forward to the World Cup?"
    A. “I am – but it’s in the wrong country. Why would you go to a country where human rights are s**t? Where homophobia is horrendous. England should have sent the LGBT team to represent them. F**k Putin. ‘Here’s our gay team. What are you going to do now?’ Or they should send an all black team, just to annoy Putin.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/neville-southall-flak-sex-workers-lgbt-issues

if you have twitter & don't twitter follow him, you need to fix that. he will light up your life.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Deadman said:
    Stuck a tenner on Suarez for the Golden Boot at 25/1 just for shits and giggles. 
    Im Scottish so I'm bitter to the core, jealous of England's 1966 victory and would crawl under a rock for the rest of my life if they ever won it again so cling to the hope that other teams will beat them so as not to suffer eternal shame in Scotland never having won a World Cup as England only ever won one like 60 or 70 years ago or summat
    Fixed.

Meh couldnt give a fuck that Engerlund won a World Cup ( with a dubious goal ) before most of us were born. And lets be honest @deadman the chances of you winning it again are slim to none at best. Just getting to a tournament for Scotland would be a result, we do not  EXPECT to win anything, and maybe that's the joy of it. Guess its the same as supporting a wee team, for example im an Inverness Caley Thistle Supporter and watching us lift the Scottish cup a few years ago was the best day in football i have ever had. probably once in a lifetime thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Predictably, as soon as I stuck Three Lions on this morning, I'm now ALL IN.

Gareth Southgate is going to get his redemption, 22 years after that fateful night against Ze Germans. 

Absolute storybook ending. 

IT'S COMING HOME
    IT'S COMING 
    FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1st game is going to be Russia 2 - 1 Saudi Arabia.

I played the match on Fifa last night so its law.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    1st game is going to be Russia 2 - 1 Saudi Arabia.

I played the match on Fifa last night so its law.
    I am so crap at FIFA. I lost 5-0 as Villa to Wolves last night ( although that may be an accurate reflection of current form). 
    I think radio 5 has the opening match on so I'll catch the second half on my commute. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    vale said:
    i support neville southall united. am madly in love with him in fact. a real football hero.

Q. "Is Southall looking forward to the World Cup?"
    A. “I am – but it’s in the wrong country. Why would you go to a country where human rights are s**t? Where homophobia is horrendous. England should have sent the LGBT team to represent them. F**k Putin. ‘Here’s our gay team. What are you going to do now?’ Or they should send an all black team, just to annoy Putin.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/neville-southall-flak-sex-workers-lgbt-issues

if you have twitter & don't twitter follow him, you need to fix that. he will light up your life.
    He’s a total legend!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43956267

Only 9 teams have lost a world cup - final - name all 9 - do the above quiz

I got 8 - and to be honest the one I got wrong I would not have got right with another 10 guesses
    Similar for me.  Not wanting to give too much away, in case someone else wants to do it, was the one you didn't get a country that doesn't exist anymore?
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Just did losers quiz. Got 9/9, but as usual, got the obscure ones easily and the struggled on the big obvious ones.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I missed two of the losers from the 30s and 50s.

Early world cup news report says Mo Salah playing tomorrow, Marcus Rashford missed training again.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    France Germany final, Germany win.