Car air con woes!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    mr-mac said:
    But makes me suspect filter is same age as car ;)
    Haha almost deffo! I dread to think... 

m_c said:
    @skunkwerx ; PM me your reg number and I'll have a look to see what tech info I have on the pollen filter location.
    Cheers buddy! Appreciate that! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    but better than Def Con woes...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/COr5qHaRbcY/hqdefault.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Having done some research, there appears to be 2 potential locations for the pollen filter.. 

One requires the clutch pedal to be removed completely, the other is on the passenger side and requires half of the dashboard and glovebox to come out. 

Two entirely different locations that seem to vary depending on something that I can’t figure out, and both require stupidness. 

God I miss my simple mk1 Ford Focus. Hundreds of how to’s on the net and simply made with bolts and screws with only the odd shite plastic clip. 

I tried to change the rear wiper assembly on the Renault a while back, but of course the entire thing is poxy riveted in place. Cheaper to make, more expensive to buy.  Nothings easy no more. 

I've heard of stupid locations for heater matrix's before, but never a pollen filter.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Once you have changed the pollon filter you can let off a can of cabin/aircon cleaner in the enclosed car while the aircon circulates. It's a mist type deodorant thingy and you cant be in the car at the same time! Costs about £8 and kills the bacteria that cause mould in the pipes and ducts of older cars. The car usually smells better afterwards, properly vent the cabin a few minuets after the process, I'm not a fan of chemicals generally but mould spores are not conducive to your health.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Garthy said:
    I've heard of stupid locations for heater matrix's before, but never a pollen filter.
    If I was a dealership mechanic expected to replace the cabin filter on a Mk II Focus as part of an itemised, fixed-price service I can tell you I bloody wouldn't bother either. :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    randella said:
    Garthy said:
    If I was a dealership mechanic expected to replace the cabin filter on a Mk II Focus as part of an itemised, fixed-price service I can tell you I bloody wouldn't bother either. :)
    The Ford dealership I used when I had my Mk2 Focus had a novel approach to “replacing” the filter, they just used to pour some sort of crystals down the air vents, presumably something akin to shake’n’vac. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    In my experience, once Renault air con starts to fail, re-gassing the system doesn't restore full performance. You'll find that there will be other components that will also be failing (pipes, condenser unit etc).