New Chase Bliss - Thermae

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    I’m with @GavRichList here... every CB I’ve tried has been special 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11811
    Polymoon went. The mini-doc was the one that properly did it for me. Sounds so good. 

https://youtu.be/Zg70GAALnOY

Also @meltedbuzzbox I did say that I’d inevitably want one. Turns out I was right. 
    I was so chuffed I got a mention :astonished:  Also I had no idea Knobs's identity is a secret!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    Polymoon went. The mini-doc was the one that properly did it for me. Sounds so good. 

Also @meltedbuzzbox I did say that I’d inevitably want one. Turns out I was right. 
    I was so chuffed I got a mention :astonished:  Also I had no idea Knobs's identity is a secret!
    Aye, I ear-spotted you 

Aye, I ear-spotted you 
    You notice the name on the front has changed?

Aye, I ear-spotted you 
    I didn’t, but Paul pointed it out. He’s got one with Harmonizer on it. 

Aye, I ear-spotted you 
    Same, I am waiting for Joel to ask for it back and replace it with a production copy….
  • Polymoon went. The mini-doc was the one that properly did it for me. Sounds so good. 

Aye, I ear-spotted you 
    Same, I am waiting for Joel to ask for it back and replace it with a production copy….
    So you have one! How is it? Glossed over that Raymond ;)
    Tracking details received. Due Friday :O
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Did you order from our Canadian friends Gav? No update on my order at the mo :-(
    How very rock and roll
    Did you order from our Canadian friends Gav? No update on my order at the mo :-(
    Nope, it’s coming direct from Chase Bliss
    Mines out for delivery today!!!!!! Can’t recommend Electric Mojo Guitars enough. Incredible customer service
    How very rock and roll
    Mines out for delivery today!!!!!! Can’t recommend Electric Mojo Guitars enough. Incredible customer service
    Yep, they’re ace. 

You bugger. Tomorrow for me. 
    It’s here! 
    How very rock and roll
    So I couldnt resist and just shot home on my dinner to try it out. It's definitely its own instrument and is going to need some serious learning time, which I anticipated and will enjoy. BUT the sounds are incredible, the delay is super dark and I assume this is similar to the Tonal Recall. I dont think its for everybody, you can tame the darkness with the LPF but that introduces a bit of noise. Personally I like it dark.

I cant wait to see what people like Gav and the other super creative guys on here do with it. I have uploaded a short video clip to my instagram which I dont know how to link here but my username is the same there if anyone wants to head over for a look.
    How very rock and roll
  • So I couldnt resist and just shot home on my dinner to try it out. It's definitely its own instrument and is going to need some serious learning time, which I anticipated and will enjoy. BUT the sounds are incredible, the delay is super dark and I assume this is similar to the Tonal Recall. I dont think its for everybody, you can tame the darkness with the LPF but that introduces a bit of noise. Personally I like it dark.

I cant wait to see what people like Gav and the other super creative guys on here do with it. I have uploaded a short video clip to my instagram which I dont know how to link here but my username is the same there if anyone wants to head over for a look.
    If prizes were given for loveliest warble...

Sounds beautiful. I know you’ll need to experiment more to find out, but I’d be interested to hear how controllable the arpeggiation is, what note intervals/patterns you can dial in.
    So I couldnt resist and just shot home on my dinner to try it out. It's definitely its own instrument and is going to need some serious learning time, which I anticipated and will enjoy. BUT the sounds are incredible, the delay is super dark and I assume this is similar to the Tonal Recall. I dont think its for everybody, you can tame the darkness with the LPF but that introduces a bit of noise. Personally I like it dark.

Sounds beautiful. I know you’ll need to experiment more to find out, but I’d be interested to hear how controllable the arpeggiation is, what note intervals/patterns you can dial in.
    I’m probably the worst person to answer something like that, you may want to hold out for someone more knowledgeable to come along. The tracking seems very accurate though. It’s hard to check the intervals as it’s a delay so they come and go rapidly but trying to check them was pretty much first thing I did and they seem bang on. 

(I think) the second interval is measured against the first one and not the base note so that’s the biggest learn at the moment. Leaving it on and keeping the mix low under ambient playing is just fucking joyful though. 

The available intervals are 4th, 5th, octave, octave + 5th & 2 octaves in both directions. 
    How very rock and roll
  • So I couldnt resist and just shot home on my dinner to try it out. It's definitely its own instrument and is going to need some serious learning time, which I anticipated and will enjoy. BUT the sounds are incredible, the delay is super dark and I assume this is similar to the Tonal Recall. I dont think its for everybody, you can tame the darkness with the LPF but that introduces a bit of noise. Personally I like it dark.

I’m probably the worst person to answer something like that, you may want to hold out for someone more knowledgeable to come along. The tracking seems very accurate though. It’s hard to check the intervals as it’s a delay so they come and go rapidly but trying to check them was pretty much first thing I did and they seem bang on. 

(I think) the second interval is measured against the first one and not the base note so that’s the biggest learn at the moment. Leaving it on and keeping the mix low under ambient playing is just fucking joyful though. 

The available intervals are 4th, 5th, octave, octave + 5th & 2 octaves in both directions. 
    Ah, good to know. I’m just hankering after some arpeggation, and the H9 did that and oh dear christ am I really going to yo-yo back to getting one again for the Nth time...?

I just can’t get over the fact that Joel was aiming for a pedal that sounded like a warm bath and it absolutely sounds like a warm bath. A genius.
    I currently in my hand 3 Termaes for a few days....long story, can you drown in this bath?