theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    Calling @mrkb, @Guitar_Slinger, @MtB, @pmbomb and @slacker...

Tush for you guys.

That’s not me singing- I only stood in on vocals for you and your mates run through.
    Got you down as playing drum on this version... Is that not right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    poopot said:
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:

Tush for you guys.

That’s not me singing- I only stood in on vocals for you and your mates run through.
    Got you down as playing drum on this version... Is that not right?

Doh - of course I did! Sorry I forgot what instruments I was playing on which songs. Thanks!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Right then... Last one for tonight...

Its the discotastic @drumswithpoopot, ;@lovestrat74 's, @darthed1981, @Jonathangus and @slacker with Signed Sealed Delivered...

Good work fellas... Tough song to do!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    poopot said:

Tush for you guys.

I have to hold my hand up and say that was not one of my finer vocals. As soon as I started I knew I was in trouble key-wise, however like a true pro you've got to finish what you started....!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11675
    poopot said:
    Right then... Last one for tonight...

Its the discotastic @drumswithpoopot, @lovestrat74 's, @darthed1981, @Jonathangus and @slacker with Signed Sealed Delivered...

Good work fellas... Tough song to do!
    I'd like to thank my wife for emasculating me enough to attempt those high notes...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Morning Folks...

For those of you who like their women "Tonky" please welcome @TTony, @mrkb, @slacker, and @Guitar_Slinger. 

Honky Tonk Women Version 2...

The above is the second group performance of Honky Tonk... Slight apology for being out of sync whilst we locate the guitar solo for the first group performance... Kim is sweeping the studio for the missing stem but it could well be that the lads did not activate the track :(

Will revert back when I know more...  
    Afternoon... I would have got more done today for you all... However, 4 hours in a&e this afternoon has scuppered my days plans... Just what I needed Eh?

Which brings me nicely onto:

Calling @TTony, @McToot, @Brocco and @slacker ;

• @poopot love listening to these... much appreciated. \m/
    @poopot love listening to these... much appreciated. \m/
    No problem, just glad folk are listening... I’ve listened on cans, monitors, crappy Bluetooth speakers and in the car... do they sound ok at everyone else end?
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    edited June 2018
    poopot said:
    Afternoon... I would have got more done today for you all... However, 4 hours in a&e this afternoon has scuppered my days plans... Just what I needed Eh?

Which brings me nicely onto:

Calling @TTony, @McToot, @Brocco and @slacker ;;

Apologies for being off key and respect to brocco for the solos, they weren't easy and the band were tight even though it was the first run through for that line up.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    poopot said:
    @poopot love listening to these... much appreciated. \m/
    No problem, just glad folk are listening... I’ve listened on cans, monitors, crappy Bluetooth speakers and in the car... do they sound ok at everyone else end?
    They're sounding great to me!

The fact that some of these are genuinely a first run-through is staggering.  Helped in no small part, I'm sure, by the top stickwork of @drumswithpoopot - but still...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    poopot said:
    4 hours in a&e this afternoon has scuppered my days plans...
    Hope that's nothing serious @poopot.

And thanks again for all your time and energy on the mixings - which sound fine on all the kit that I've used to listen to them.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    poopot said:

Guitar related eye injury would you believe!!!!

soldering a jack socket on a tele yesterday, snipped the extra bit off and it flew up, under my glasses and into my right eye. It fell out quicker than it went in tbh but it was in there long enough to put a “hole” practically in the middle of my cornea!!! Didn’t pay too much attention to till this morning when I woke up with one eye like Marty Feldman!... given my job it’s a bitch... not much use for a blind photographer :)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    poopot said:
    TTony said:
    poopot said:

Guitar related eye injury would you believe!!!!

soldering a jack socket on a tele yesterday, snipped the extra bit off and it flew up, under my glasses and into my right eye. It fell out quicker than it went in tbh but it was in there long enough to put a “hole” practically in the middle of my cornea!!! Didn’t pay too much attention to till this morning when I woke up with one eye like Marty Feldman!... given my job it’s a bitch... not much use for a blind photographer :)

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    The Just What I Needed solo was a big leap for me as I 'inherited' it when the person due to play lead.had to pull out of the event. Although I was unable to play it cleanly at tempo on the day, I got to try and gained valuable experience as a result, but only because of the generosity and support of everyone else who played on the track. Thank you bandmates!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Last one for today... Alright Now... Good work Chaps!!!!

@slacker, @MtB, @Tone71 and @Guitar_Slinger ;

Calling it a night for now, Have to work out how Im going to do tomorrows shoot with my one remaining good eye!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

The Mrs is wetting herself laughing looking at this!!!!! :)
    poopot said:
    Last one for today... Alright Now... Good work Chaps!!!!

@slacker, @MtB, @Tone71 and @Guitar_Slinger ;;

Calling it a night for now, Have to work out how Im going to do tomorrows shoot with my one remaining good eye!!!!!

Good bass solo in allright now, that songs doesn't sound as good when its missing ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited June 2018
    Brocco said:
    The Just What I Needed solo was a big leap for me as I 'inherited' it when the person due to play lead.had to pull out of the event. Although I was unable to play it cleanly at tempo on the day, I got to try and gained valuable experience as a result, but only because of the generosity and support of everyone else who played on the track. Thank you bandmates!

That's a good attempt @brocco, I felt similar after bigjon blew my weedy attempt at a solo away during "Foxy lady" at the Leicester jam - it was a good learning point and I was glad I did it. Now I feel less nervous and don't try an exact copy, but play in the style of the original but modify to something I feel I suits my style and ability. The rest of the song is pretty tight as well - everyone put some effort into learning that beforehand!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    poopot said:

The Mrs is wetting herself laughing looking at this!!!!! :)
    Not sure I wanted to know my post made your missus wet...!!