Will I / won't I make tonight's gig...

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
edited June 2018 in Live
Playing in Wokingham tonight, starting at 9. Been there a few times, manageress is a bit... 'Cold', but it's a decent venue. Been booked for a couple of months now.

However....  I'm in Barcelona. Got shipped here this week for work, and have arranged flights so I should - in theory - be able to get to the gig. Flying back to Luton this evening, land at 6. Parked on site, car all loaded up. The other guys have the rest of my gear which they will setup for me.

So.... What are the odds I'll get there on time?I've already forewarned the venue, and we obviously need to make a call about it nearer the time. Should have cancelled, but we had to cancel the one before so didn't really want to leave a bad taste in the venue's mouth.

Should be exciting...! I'm putting it at about 3:1 for getting there.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    You're doing it wrong... get a later flight and parachute into the venue with guitar already strapped on and wireless plugged in. 
     :)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    May the rock gods be on your side, obviously try to pull the air hostess on the way back 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    LuttiS said:
    You're doing it wrong... get a later flight and parachute into the venue with guitar already strapped on and wireless plugged in. 

I asked the guys to start playing 'Living After Midnight', and I'll rock up on a motorbike just at the right moment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    FarleyUK said:
    LuttiS said:

I asked the guys to start playing 'Living After Midnight', and I'll rock up on a motorbike just at the right moment.
    Problem is with Friday traffic you might well turn up after midnight :)
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    edited June 2018
    Normally that would be 90 minutes, but Friday night on the M25? Close call...
    Normally that would be 90 minutes, but Friday night on the M25? Close call...
    Yep, exactly....!
    Hmmm, already delays on the m25 of 20 minutes...! Just getting to Barcelona airport.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    God speed young Jedi... we're rooting for you!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Are you the guitarist, or the bassist?

If you're the bassist, don't worry - no-one will notice if you turn up halfway through :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fucks sake... Got told I was at the wrong gate, ended up back outside. Just had to do the security run again, only to discover I was at the correct gate after all.....
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11410

Are you just hand luggage, or will you have to wait around for the baggage on the carousel?  Might make all the difference.

crunchman said:

Are you just hand luggage, or will you have to wait around for the baggage on the carousel?  Might make all the difference.

Just hand luggage, and seat 1a on the plane... So should be first off! Also have the biometric passport so that should be faster.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    FarleyUK said:

Just hand luggage, and seat 1a on the plane... So should be first off! Also have the biometric passport so that should be faster.
    On a bit of a tangent, this is something that always pisses me off about flying - when you board the plane, it's always fairly well-organised and often on a row-block basis, so it takes the minimum amount of time. But when you get off, it's a total free-for-all regardless of who might have to leave quickly, and ends up being slower for almost anyone who isn't in the front few rows.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Boom! I'm here!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    FarleyUK said:
    Boom! I'm here!
    Where?
    FarleyUK said:
    Boom! I'm here!
    Where?
    Not saying as I'll be judged and mocked for lack of skillz...!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Boom! I'm here!
    Where?
    Not saying as I'll be judged and mocked for lack of skillz...!
    Chicken..
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Get in.. now blow everyone's mind with your crazed plectrum wizardry!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Did he get there? I won't fucking sleep tonight if he doesn't say if he made it or not!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Did he make it? I fucking don't want two sleepless nights in a row with all the worry!