theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    Well done @poopot - a mammoth effort! Much Appreciated!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    @mrkb I think you've progressed since we did Tush at Huddersfield (link below). It's really quite high for a bloke to sing it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    poopot said:
    Ok peeps... Whilst we wait for the missing guitar from mr @McToot...

@mrkb thumping the drums... @Bridgehouse on Bass Banjo... @munckee holding down guitar duties... and Vocal performance of the day has to go to @Jonathangus... Good work Fella!!!

Comfy Numb for your ears:

Added some background keys and removed most of my guitar to add some space to the mix... 
    You can be my wingman any day poopot : )
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    mrkb said:
    ^^^^ This ^^^^ thanks @poopot !!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    @mrkb I think you've progressed since we did Tush at Huddersfield (link below). It's really quite high for a bloke to sing it.

Thanks for highlighting that @vasselmeyer - there’s definitely an improvement. I think I need a few singing lessons to help me work out my range and when to drop down in pitch rather than strain up high.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    mrkb said:
    ^^^^ This ^^^^ thanks @poopot !!
    Fanks chaps!... this thread will be used as a defence at my commital hearing :)

would have liked to have spent a lot longer longer on each track tbh but I knew I had a quiet week so just ploughed through them as best I could... will get the remaining track done and then send the raw files to everyone that played on them...

If you haven’t already got a DAW download something like reaper or if you are on a Mac GarageBand will be perfectly fine for mixing.

Would be interesting to see what other folk come up with!...
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    poopot said:
    Ok peeps... Whilst we wait for the missing guitar from mr @McToot...

@mrkb thumping the drums... @Bridgehouse on Bass Banjo... @munckee holding down guitar duties... and Vocal performance of the day has to go to @Jonathangus... Good work Fella!!!

Comfy Numb for your ears:

Added some background keys and removed most of my guitar to add some space to the mix... 
    Thank you for your kind words.

And thank you also for your work in pulling all of these together - and once again to @TTony , @Bridgehouse @drumswithpoopot , and anyone else I've forgotten who made the day such a success.

To echo what others have said - if anyone was thinking of going to one of these but thought better of it - just do it.  It doesn't matter how good (or otherwise) you are - I was probably the least technically accomplished player there - there will be something you can do, even if it's just bashing out power chords on Teenage Kicks.  Have a go - you won't regret it.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    @poopot who played slide on tush v2?

Awesome playing.
    slacker said:

Awesome playing.
    No slide... Just me and the strat.

One thing that has come out of these recordings is, As great as my setup sound live, it records like sh1t... Could just be in there tho'.
    poopot said:
    slacker said:

Awesome playing.
    No slide... Just me and the strat.

One thing that has come out of these recordings is, As great as my setup sound live, it records like sh1t... Could just be in there tho'.
    sounded good too me proper lead guitar playing
    slacker said:

sounded good too me proper lead guitar playing
    Thanks, myself, @drumswithpoopot and our pal Billbassplayer were in the room already having just played on a version of signed sealed when Bill shouted out “do tush” we quickly grabbed @mrkb to sing :)  never played that in a group situation before, enjoyed it tho’.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    slacker said:

Awesome playing.
    @slacker Cheers, that was me, but it was from the Huddersfield jam in January, not from your session. I just linked it for @mrkb to compare his vocals.
    slacker said:

Awesome playing.
    @slacker Cheers, that was me, but it was from the Huddersfield jam in January, not from your session. I just linked it for @mrkb to compare his vocals.
    Ah, my bad, I thought @slacker was talking about the second version from our day!...
    I think I've got the two versions mixed up I started one and finished the second, btw they are both great. Nice fluid playing,
    Thanks to a great effort by @McToot we now have not one but TWO acoustic guitars on Learning To Fly...

So... Final call for @TTony, @MtB, @munckee, @McToot and @slacker... along with @drumswithpoopot.

A great rendition to finish on chaps... Will get raw files to everyone on Monday... Mac is going off now... Poopot has left the building!..
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Huge thanks @poopot, Listening to these recordings has convinced me that I need to start recording myself!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    poopot said:
    Thanks to a great effort by @McToot we now have not one but TWO acoustic guitars on Learning To Fly...

So... Final call for @TTony, @MtB, @munckee, @McToot and @slacker... along with @drumswithpoopot.

A great rendition to finish on chaps... Will get raw files to everyone on Monday... Mac is going off now... Poopot has left the building!..
    Thanks a lot for this and everything @poopot - I'm amazed you managed to get those two iPhone mp4s on there. 

Trying to recreate the mistakes that I/we made on the original live room take was amazingly difficult. I had to do about 7 or 8 takes to get it close. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    McToot said:

Thanks a lot for this and everything @poopot - I'm amazed you managed to get those two iPhone mp4s on there. 
    The count in from yourself made it very simple!... plus the fact that the playing on the rest of the track is nice and steady made it an easy job!
    edited June 2018
    Right then peeps...

You should all have had the links to download the RAW files (those that played on the day anyway)...

@TTony has very kindly bought (out of his own pocket) and sent me 3 USB sticks to put the files on.

1 is going to him so that leaves 2 other USB sticks to be posted on a "first to msg me" basis. and Just to say they will be going out in tomorrows post so if you want one hurry up... If no one else wants one all three will go to Tony.

What I would suggest is that if you do want a USB stick, when you get it from me, download the files and send the stick on to someone else who wants it, they can then send it on etc etc... eventually all 3 can make their way back to Tony!

Sound like a plan?

EDIT All accounted for.
    Ok, @Tone71 and @Brocco have a USB stick each on the way to them... I am now officially passing the USB batton to them!...

If you want one send them a pm and they will forward the stick onto you!...