Best Budget Guitar/bass MultiFX Pedal (under £400 second hand)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Loads of choices through Boss, Zoom and Line 6 as already mentioned.

I see you mentioned recording assignments - One thing worth mentioning is that the Boss GT 001 can record both vocals and guitar (although not at the same time) and can phantom power a condenser mic. I don't think the other units can do that. The downside to the GT 001 is that it isn't well set up for changing patches/effects live though - you'd need an extension pedal for that. It is tiny and can be picked up second hand for around £100
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If your at uni I assume you have a laptop/MacBook ? Buy some modelling software for that ( s gear, bias , helix etc) or even for your phone . With the leftover cash buy a few pedals for practice .
  • Glaw343Glaw343 Frets: 10
    I have a mac with a native instruments komplete 6 that I use for pro tools etc, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to take and set up though, ideally I'd like to get a standalone pedal that I can program say 20 sounds in and just switch between them on the fly plug in and play sort of thing that's lighter than my current pedalboard and can use headphones to practice silently, I would not be using it for any serious recording, for that I'll be using a mic'd amp with my pedalboard etc 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Just read through your original post and a HX effects isn't going to be ideal for you.  For headphones you need amp emulation too. The GT-001 is a good shout
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    I know you said you didn't like the Floor Pod but I've got a Pod Studio GX and it's great. It needs a laptop so you can run the Pod Farm software, but I've used mine for recording and my drummer (who also does all our recording) reckoned it sounded nearly as good as my amp.
    I've also got a Yamaha THR5 - that's a cracking little amp, but not as many effects as the Pod.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    TC Nova System 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Glaw343Glaw343 Frets: 10
    Anchorboy said:
    TC Nova System 
    cheers mate, I have had a nova system in the past, they are pretty decent, unfortunately you need an amp to use it, I'm looking for something I can program while I practice with headphones