NPD: Digitech Freqout

What's Hot
JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
Very late to this party, I know, but this is the most pedal fun I have had in a good while.

Natural, ultimately controllable and adjustable feedback even at ridiculously low volumes if need be. Doesn't affect my tone at all, actually seems to give it something: maybe just the illusion that I am playing at immense volume, which is always inspiring. 

Amazing bloody thing. Had it three days, haven't turned it off

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
    Thanks for this, I have ordered one.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I love mine- good feedback with headphones on!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Thanks for this, I have ordered one.
    Just based on previous Discussions they take a shed load of power so make sure your power supply can cope. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    About 250-300ma I think. 

•  Here's a great video of Nashville Guitarist Ford Thurston demonstrating it!
    Mattie, 21 year old guitarist and teacher at https://mgrmusic.com/guitar-lessons/
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222

Sounds good but seems really easy to overuse. I really enjoy the subtle and tasteful usage of it in this video with a fuzz at 1:14.

Thanks for the GAS OP. 
    Yep, can sound ridiculous if you don't dial it back, but it's easy enough to get the balance right

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    JohnPerry said:
    About 250-300ma I think. 
    That sounds familiar. There is a history ( on here and elsewhere) of people going ‘ oh no, this is crap and doesn’t work’ when it’s been the lack of adequate power so I thought it was worth a mention for anybody GAS induced. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Bought one but had to send it back, I thought, finally, but no.  

It locks onto the note and feeds the note back, but if you don't keep the note going (with finger vibrato) the feedback dies very quickly.  So forget feeding back harmonics or any notes dropped with a trem.  Such a shame.

But if you can live within the parameters it does sound very good, very natural.
    I thought that, but turning the drive up keeps it going far longer

clarkefan said:

It locks onto the note and feeds the note back, but if you don't keep the note going (with finger vibrato) the feedback dies very quickly.  So forget feeding back harmonics or any notes dropped with a trem.  Such a shame.

But if you can live within the parameters it does sound very good, very natural.
    Were you expecting the pedal to sustain a note without any signal input from the guitar?!? Adding a compressor before it would boost/sustain the guitar signal a bit more and hence keep the freqout feedback signal longer.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Don't you just hold the footswitch down to make it sustain forever? 
    VJIves said:
    No - it’s not a freeze pedal - it’s adding a feedback harmonic based on the input signal.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    VJIves said:
    No - it’s not a freeze pedal - it’s adding a feedback harmonic based on the input signal.
    I never realised that, as it's always gone on for as long as I've needed without dying off prematurely. I play with a lot of gain though, so that'll never be an issue for me.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Gain or a compressor in front will make it hang on to the note longer. That said, mine's first in the chain. Fiddling with the pedal's own gain control and the "onset" control for 10mins will get you something that suits your own playing technique.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    mrkb said:
    clarkefan said:

Were you expecting the pedal to sustain a note without any signal input from the guitar?!? Adding a compressor before it would boost/sustain the guitar signal a bit more and hence keep the freqout feedback signal longer.
    I think you must have misunderstood me?  

I'm saying that if say you play a harmonic the Freqout feeds that note back for like a second then drops it, even though the harmonic is still ringing on the guitar.  The only way to maintain the feedback on a note is to use finger vibrato; once you stop moving the string with your finger the feedback lasts about a second.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That is not my experience at all

Nor mine - the note sustains a long time - ive just played a 12th fret high e harmonic and it sustained for 8 seconds - wound D string 12th fret harmonic 17 seconds - and Im going into an AXEFX with headphones on, so theres no additional sound adding to the sustain.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Yeah, I wonder if you weren't giving it enough juice.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I do like sound of these but I know I just wouldn't use it enough to warrant having it or warrant the board space usage either  :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/