Incoming NGD..... My very own Brook TAW Acoustic.

What's Hot

Comments

• scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    good god that back is stunning! I grew up near the taw and the torridge rivers. both rivers that Brook have named gtrs after:)
    gorgeous gtr
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    An amazing looking guitar. I am tempted to treat myself to one even without trying. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Kudos awarded for the hiwatt 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    Sweet jesus. Can you do a video?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Sweet jesus. Can you do a video?
    Yeah it’s on the cards.... I have a lot of footage queued up already but I’ll get to it 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    Very much look forward to that, thanks!! 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4722
    I'm now 18 months into owning my Taw - and it's still a joy to own and play. Mine's a spruce top with bubinga back and sides. Sadly, like most nice guitars, I only get to hear it properly when someone else plays it or I face a hard wall to get the reflected sound I'm projecting out from the sound hole...  
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    good gas that man. Despite living in Devon for over 7 years I have yet to play a brook.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• GTCGTC Frets: 261
    I'm waiting for my Brook Taw lefty - Cedar top / Cherry back and sides with a 46mm nut width. Should be ready late October.
    I'm now 18 months into owning my Taw - and it's still a joy to own and play. Mine's a spruce top with bubinga back and sides. Sadly, like most nice guitars, I only get to hear it properly when someone else plays it or I face a hard wall to get the reflected sound I'm projecting out from the sound hole...  
    BTW - I've asked Simon to put in a soundport. Latest build pics below:
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 349
    Lovely guitar, Mr Thorpy.  Brooks are mighty fine instruments.  Enjoy!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Every Brook discussion needs this..... :)

https://youtu.be/8R1RaTB-jko

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    @tone1 thanks for sharing!
    @tone1 thanks for putting this on - I'd forgotten about it. Getting down to the workshop in person is even better, if you can (but do not try to follow SatNav - as I know to my cost from my first visit down). Expect Simon and Andy to have matured a little since the video though

Their periodic newsletter (Babbling Brook), which can be downloaded from the homepage of their website, is one of the most interesting acoustic guitar publications I've come across. Latest edition here:  https://www.brookguitars.com/BabblingBrookIssue6.pdfhttp://
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I only live 30 mins from the Brook workshops, and pop in from time to time for a coffee....I always promised myself a Brook Teign for my 40th which didn’t happen... Maybe I’ll take the plunge for my 50th in a few years  :)
    I live 75 mins away and have been there a few times (I know the way now - and it always helps if you follow their comprehensive directions). It is always enjoyable and informative.

I was last there about five weeks or so ago and took my ace tech Dino down with me as I thought he might be interested. On the way back, I asked him if it was what he was expecting. His reply was "Yes - but much, much better"
  • This thread is making me more upset than ever that I couldn't get on with the second hand Tamar I bought. :(

It just didn't gel with me. Dunno why, but I couldn't get along with it.

I'd still love one of my own, though.

And I completely agree with Dino. It's a fantastic place.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    GTC said:

Their periodic newsletter (Babbling Brook), which can be downloaded from the homepage of their website, is one of the most interesting acoustic guitar publications I've come across. Latest edition here:  https://www.brookguitars.com/BabblingBrookIssue6.pdfhttp://
    You’ve an extra “http:/” at the end of the link which needs deleting for it to work.
  • Why am I GASsing for one ... Something's wrong with me ... 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Why am I GASsing for one ... Something's wrong with me ... 
    nah, they are lovely....

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534

To add my voice to the thread again, my wife and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniv this year. She gets an eternity ring, and has agreed that I can get another guitar :) So, there will be trip down to Devon, and a 12 string ordered I think. Don't really know which body size yet. Jumbo or dread? Smaller body?

Anyway, enjoy your Brook!

Adam

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom