5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mrkb said:
    fandango said:
    Another call for lead guitar on Take it Easy to make the song a goer. Anyone?
    Have a go yourself @fandango - get the scale and a few phases right and the rest can be adapted to your ability. That’s what I’ve been doing at the jams, and it has gradually improved my playing and also made me less nervous as you realise you don’t need to play a note perfect version.
    You're right. However it's not the notes that bother me, or being nervous. It's the speed. My fingers just can't place the notes quick enough.  :s

Something to work on ....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @mrkb - I should have said I appreciate the encouragement. Many thanks.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    You don't need to play it note for note. If something is too quick then simplify it. As long as you get the general melody you're looking for, on a song like that it will sound great. That song is all about the general vibe, not virtuosity.

If you're struggling, spend a little time with one of the other guys beforehand in another room and show them what you've got. Anyone would be more than happy to help you out. It's a very supportive environment.

You could even just play the melody of the song. Many songs do that. Just look at Smells Like Teen Spirit. The guitar solo is just the vocal line.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    fandango said:
    @mrkb - I should have said I appreciate the encouragement. Many thanks.

Im drumming on this and its just at the top end of what speed I can currently comfortably play, if you want to slow it down slightly so you can try a solo, Im happy to do so/
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Can I do Lead guitar on Come Together as well please.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Who's doing beat it? Dual solo? Lol
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    You don't need to play it note for note. If something is too quick then simplify it. As long as you get the general melody you're looking for, on a song like that it will sound great. That song is all about the general vibe, not virtuosity.

word. grab a couple of the hooks, play in key, start and finish on time, job done! (that's what I do anyway!). the punters are happy regardless. if they want the Eagles, go see the Eagles!
    Looks like I'm doing no band but then. Probably too busy on the run up anyway. Will stick to acoustic :)
    Tom, just sign yourself up for an electric song or two. There are plenty of places. There are other rooms around as well where people jam on electric.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So folk can jam without performing and also it's just a case of putting your name down?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    So folk can jam without performing and also it's just a case of putting your name down?
    They just need to put their name down, pay their money, and can do whatever they like, is my understanding.

No obligation whatsoever to play on the set list in studio or on anything at the gig.

At the jams usually there are always a few members who come along and hang out, they are always most welcome :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    They just need to put their name down, pay their money, and can do whatever they like, is my understanding.

No obligation whatsoever to play on the set list in studio or on anything at the gig.

At the jams usually there are always a few members who come along and hang out, they are always most welcome :)
    They would wish they had played on something from my experience, shove your name down if you just can't do it on the day someone would bail you out.
    @thomasross20 Put your name down with me for While My Guitar Gently Weeps and we'll get widdly on the outro.  :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243

get widdly on the outro.  :)
    Now there is a phrase that is sadly not used enough :)
    LuttiS said:

get widdly on the outro.  :)
    Now there is a phrase that is sadly not used enough :)
    And yet everyone will know exactly what I meant :)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Suppose non of those titles float your boat and you just want to jam? What then?
    Pick another of the fab rooms at Bob's place - find a couple of chums who are into your groove and go make music. All day if you want.

There's no rules and no limits.

In seriousness, if you want you could list a few songs you really want to do and get some others to sign up and run a mini jam in another room. For instance, I'd quite like to try some bass on a few acoustic style numbers with you on that there epiphone acoustic job you have...*hint hint*
    It looks as if I'm driving myself to there & back and could well bring the acoustic archtop AND a solid. Will an acoustic amplifier be necessary? I'm assuming that if I want familiar FX I need to bring my own board. tbh 2 guitars + 1 FX board is as much as I really want to bring, I could do without bringing an acoustic amplifier as well.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Suppose non of those titles float your boat and you just want to jam? What then?
    Pick another of the fab rooms at Bob's place - find a couple of chums who are into your groove and go make music. All day if you want.

There's no rules and no limits.

In seriousness, if you want you could list a few songs you really want to do and get some others to sign up and run a mini jam in another room. For instance, I'd quite like to try some bass on a few acoustic style numbers with you on that there epiphone acoustic job you have...*hint hint*
    It looks as if I'm driving myself to there & back and could well bring the acoustic archtop AND a solid. Will an acoustic amplifier be necessary? I'm assuming that if I want familiar FX I need to bring my own board. tbh 2 guitars + 1 FX board is as much as I really want to bring, I could do without bringing an acoustic amplifier as well.
    I’ll probably have my AER compact 60 with me , if you need it you’re welcome to use it !
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    @Phil_aka_Pip ... Bob has an acoustic amp, plus a PA in each room. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Phil_aka_Pip ... Bob has an acoustic amp, plus a PA in each room. 
    Thank you, that's useful to know :)

Thanks also to @sticker
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Okay ... for the Take it Easy song, I propose we keep it simple.

The version in JustinGuitar's 'Vintage Song Book' ties in with the official single very well. JG has laid the chords out so that it's easy to follow.

I've found tabs for a simpler version of the official release solo that plays for the 16 bars of the solo section. I'm doing what I can to get this sorted with my fingers. So far so good. But I need to speed it up.

Can those down for Take it Easy confirm that this is okay. Thanks.