SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: KEF LS50 (pair) - SOLD

What's Hot
nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 72
edited July 2018 in Studio & Rec £
I have a pair of KEF 50th Anniversary LS50 speakers for sale. They are in used but good condition. There are some marks to the finish which can only be seen on close inspection.   I'd prefer collection to avoid any risk of damage during transit, however I'm happy for the buyer to arrange a courier at their own risk. I'm based in Bristol, UK and looking for £500 for the pair.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bump
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    FWIW I looked up the specs here

They seem to be claiming some kind of inheritance from the LS3/5A, not sure how that works, though. The specs  are impressive, but the speakers aren't that sensitive (85dB (2.83V/1m)), they might make my Radford work just a bit too hard to drive them. I guess a Quad 405-2 would handle them OK, if I were flush I'd be tempted.

Hope you find a good home for them :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    They are very very very good small monitors 
  • mr-mac said:
    They are very very very good small monitors 
    Indeed. They have won awards and have a great reputation. Incidentally I'm also selling Quad Vena power amp which I used to power them. Worked very well together.
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited June 2018
    I kinda almost have ls3/5a sound in my setup.  

Cambridge audio R50 transmission line speakers.  Has a kef B139, B110 (same as 3/5a) t27 (same as 3/5a) and Coles super tweeter.  With their metal spike stands that we're made for then they are 55kg each.  Very 3/5a unboxy transparent midrange (applause doesn't sound all boxy and make it obvious what direction speakers are in) but with propper bass and extended trebble (-3db at 20Hz iirc, -0 at 30hz and up to over 30khz though supertweeter were there to take over from t27 before the freq spikes start higher up).  Trans line behind bass and mid speaker.  Oh and updated crossover (crossovers very like 3/5a with transformers as well as more normal components).

Because ears are used to a bass bump from ported speakers some tracks you go hmm where's the bass.  Till something with bass comes along and room freeking rattles.  You wound never belive they were early 70's speakers.  Though iirc were near £400 in 70's 

Hope sale goes well.... If anyone needs good hi-fi speakers or something very special as monitors for home speakers then i can highly highly recommend they look no further.  Amp you have would work well as would an old crown amp of lower power or something like that (which a lot of us probs have) something similar)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-mac said:
    I kinda almost have ls3/5a sound in my setup.  

Cambridge audio R50 transmission line speakers.  Has a kef B139, B110 (same as 3/5a) t27 (same as 3/5a) and Coles super tweeter.  With their metal spike stands that we're made for then they are 55kg each.  Very 3/5a unboxy transparent midrange (applause doesn't sound all boxy and make it obvious what direction speakers are in) but with propper bass and extended trebble (-3db at 20Hz iirc, -0 at 30hz and up to over 30khz though supertweeter were there to take over from t27 before the freq spikes start higher up).  Trans line behind bass and mid speaker.  Oh and updated crossover (crossovers very like 3/5a with transformers as well as more normal components).

Because ears are used to a bass bump from ported speakers some tracks you go hmm where's the bass.  Till something with bass comes along and room freeking rattles.  You wound never belive they were early 70's speakers.  Though iirc were near £400 in 70's 

Hope sale goes well.... If anyone needs good hi-fi speakers or something very special as monitors for home speakers then i can highly highly recommend they look no further.  Amp you have would work well as would an old crown amp of lower power or something like that (which a lot of us probs have) something similar)
    Thanks. Much appreciated.
  • bump
  • Bump