theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited June 2018
    Ive hammered my data allowance and have downloaded the ones I wanted. Thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    poopot said:
    Right then peeps...

You should all have had the links to download the RAW files (those that played on the day anyway)...

@TTony has very kindly bought (out of his own pocket) and sent me 3 USB sticks to put the files on.

1 is going to him so that leaves 2 other USB sticks to be posted on a "first to msg me" basis. and Just to say they will be going out in tomorrows post so if you want one hurry up... If no one else wants one all three will go to Tony.

What I would suggest is that if you do want a USB stick, when you get it from me, download the files and send the stick on to someone else who wants it, they can then send it on etc etc... eventually all 3 can make their way back to Tony!

Sound like a plan?

EDIT All accounted for.
    And

poopot said:
    Ok, @Tone71 and @Brocco have a USB stick each on the way to them... I am now officially passing the USB batton to them!...

If you want one send them a pm and they will forward the stick onto you!...
    Bumped just to keep them on the active page!.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Was listening to the songs I was on in a car yesterday- have to say with a bit of distance from the mistakes I made I think they all came out pretty well. 

Thanks for mixing them - and to all who attended, can’t wait to do it again and will be more relaxed next time!
    Have listened to a few of my tracks in isolation, and am amazed how different the amp sounds through the mic. I though the JMP sounded ace in the room, but the recording is quite trebly and a bit thin. I realise that is due to mic type, mic position on speaker, speaker volume,etc and could be tweaked when setting up the recording session given more time. Makes me realise how great my AXEFX is for direct recording.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Have listened to a few of my tracks in isolation, and am amazed how different the amp sounds through the mic. I though the JMP sounded ace in the room, but the recording is quite trebly and a bit thin. I realise that is due to mic type, mic position on speaker, speaker volume,etc and could be tweaked when setting up the recording session given more time. Makes me realise how great my AXEFX is for direct recording.
    I’ve not touched the files you have downloaded, they are as recorded... but... what sounds trebly and thin in isolation will sit well in a mix... EQ and a fast fourband mutipressor will be your friend here...

In a bands recorded mix there is so much mud between 300hz and about 2k you have most of the drums in that range, the upper part of the bass, the low end, mids and highs of the guitars and the vocals... all trying to stamp on each other... gimme five minutes and I’ll post just the JMP track from teenage kicks V2 as it is in the mix but solo’d... you may be shocked!!!!
    @mrkb Here you go... First link is your guitar solo'd but as it sits in the mix (albeit not the full length)

second is the full mix as originally posted.

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    USB received and files copied today, thanks @poopot ;

Who's next? send a PM and I'll pop it in the post......
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I have done the same and am also ready to send on the USB I have (will post to the first person to pm me tbeir address)
    Morning all...

I have, in the past and unofficially, organised a “mixing” challenge over on the making music section... basically I make some raw tracks available to those that want to have a crack at it, they mix the tracks and then post the results.

Had an idea to make it a more of an “official” the FB challenge and @Roland has agreed it’s not a bad idea.

So, what I am proposing is that if folk are up for anoth challenge, they can listen to the recordings we had done at WaterRats and they can select which ones they want to remix... 

There will be some that are easy to do and some are more of a challenge...

But, I’m not going to organise this unless you lot ok it!... it’s you in the recording at the end of the day!...

it could be a good thing for theFB as it will make the jam days more prominent to other areas of theFB

thoughts gents?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Sounds good to me. I have neither the skill, ears or tools to get involved, but happy to let people get on with it. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Ok... well I give everyone an opportunity to respond yes or no and if it’s a goer will post it in the making music section for next week...

• slackerslacker Frets: 2217
    OK with me. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Yep. Do it!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11680
    Great idea :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Yep

Only if they’re not allowed to make me sound like a tuneless shouter..... or is that too difficult?

go for it!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    OK with me.  Don't have the tools to do it myself, but let's see what folks come up with.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

You can do a basic multitrack levels mix in Audacity which is free - if you want to hear your playing a bit louder in the context of the full song
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    mrkb said:
    You can do a basic multitrack levels mix in Audacity which is free - if you want to hear your playing a bit louder in the context of the full song
    Cheers!  Downloading now.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I'm fine with it.