Is Kontakt ever reduced on sale?

Just wondering if anybody knows if they ever have the basic core product reduced?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Not usually.
    They often do deals on the Komplete bundle though, which is worth having if you can stretch to it.

What is your DAW?
    What sorts of sounds are you after?
    I might be able to suggest an alternate product.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    octatonic said:
    Not usually.
    They often do deals on the Komplete bundle though, which is worth having if you can stretch to it.

What is your DAW?
    What sorts of sounds are you after?
    I might be able to suggest an alternate product.
    I feared as much.

It's more the ability to run some of the third party instruments which require the full product rather than the free player - quirky stuff really as I'm fairly sorted for synth and orchestral vsts without it, so probably not worth it for me.

Cheers
    They have a summer sale but that usually wouldn't include Kontakt (just Ultimate).
    Or Black Friday, which is usually 50% off everything- but is ages away and I don't think runs every year.
    octatonic said:
    They have a summer sale but that usually wouldn't include Kontakt (just Ultimate).
    Or Black Friday, which is usually 50% off everything- but is ages away and I don't think runs every year.
    50% black Friday would work for me if it happens. I'll keep my fingers crossed ta
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Yes NI do .. Kontakt is often offered with a discount. Keep your eyes open for the annual summer sale.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    octatonic said:

Every summer they run a 50% off upgrades sale.  It is running currently.

You can upgrade from a qualifying 3rd party product to just Kontakt, I don't have an exhaustive list because it depends on the manufacturer but an example that should work is a full Get Good Drums pack will allow upgrade via NI's site at the reduced price. 

There are many more packs that qualify - if you are interested in a specific 3rd party library it might be worth asking if their product qualifies for an update to full Kontakt and doing that, that way you'll get the pack you want and Kontakt at 50% off.

Apparently there is a free library by Sennheiser called Drummica which also qualifies for the discounted upgrade pricing, but I haven't used that and the website appears to be in German so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Though IMO the best way to go is to update to Komplete, as it comes with a lot of extra stuff.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27989
    I got Kontakt at a discount but it was years ago when software came in boxes - the next version was about to come out so the shop was selling off old stock. NI were offering a free upgrade to the next version so it seemed pretty obvious. I've bought one upgrade since.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    octatonic said:

You can upgrade from a qualifying 3rd party product to just Kontakt, I don't have an exhaustive list because it depends on the manufacturer but an example that should work is a full Get Good Drums pack will allow upgrade via NI's site at the reduced price. 

There are many more packs that qualify - if you are interested in a specific 3rd party library it might be worth asking if their product qualifies for an update to full Kontakt and doing that, that way you'll get the pack you want and Kontakt at 50% off.

Apparently there is a free library by Sennheiser called Drummica which also qualifies for the discounted upgrade pricing, but I haven't used that and the website appears to be in German so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Though IMO the best way to go is to update to Komplete, as it comes with a lot of extra stuff.
    Yes for upgrades, usually not for a new purchase (which is weird- you' think they want new customers as much as an upgrade).

I didn't realise you could crossgrade from another product though- cheers for that information.
    octatonic said:

Now that is interesting thanks - I had seen the upgrade offer, but hadn't realised I might be able to use it in reverse from a 3rd party product. Wonder if my tina guo cello plugin might do it...
    edited June 2018
    octatonic said:

Yes for upgrades, usually not for a new purchase (which is weird- you' think they want new customers as much as an upgrade).

I agree. 

I did some googling and found a spreadsheet where someone had detailed the timings and offers of NI sales over the past few years.  The summer update sale has been regular the past few years, but straight up new product discounts are rarer and their timing seems unpredictable.

I'd been planning to get Komplete for years - I finally took the plunge when Waves customers got a 50% off deal for Komplete Select earlier this year.  I felt confident they'd run another 50% off sale in summer, and they did. Usually they don’t discount Komplete Select.

FWIW there's also been a Komplete 12 Ultimate product listing leak.  Unsure if it's confirmed to be accurate but if this link goes the right post here's a list of expected stuff https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/free-expansions-coming-in-komplete-12.328679/page-4#post-1651429
    @guitarfishbay - thanks mate - I've found that I can cross grade from a plugin I've already got to get Kontakt for $125 in the sale.
    Awesome. Enjoy
    octatonic said:

I agree. 

I did some googling and found a spreadsheet where someone had detailed the timings and offers of NI sales over the past few years.  The summer update sale has been regular the past few years, but straight up new product discounts are rarer and their timing seems unpredictable.

I'd been planning to get Komplete for years - I finally took the plunge when Waves customers got a 50% off deal for Komplete Select earlier this year.  I felt confident they'd run another 50% off sale in summer, and they did. Usually they don’t discount Komplete Select.

FWIW there's also been a Komplete 12 Ultimate product listing leak.  Unsure if it's confirmed to be accurate but if this link goes the right post here's a list of expected stuff https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/free-expansions-coming-in-komplete-12.328679/page-4#post-1651429
    I was an early adopter of NI (and Waves) so I just get the upgrade each time they reissue.
    I actually had the first version of Kontakt (before it was called V1).
    It was VERY expensive at the time.