Solo of the Month (SotM) #37 - Chat

What's Hot

Comments

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    stratman3142 said:

This feels like it's turning into some sort of catharsis with entrants getting craziness out of their systems. Hopefully it's proving therapeutic.

I'll let you know if it's theraputic once my wrist has stopped hurting.

FWIW I still have plenty craziness in my system and need to keep it for the Composition Challenges! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4065
    edited June 2018
    I had a small mastering hiccup which @stratman3142 doctored but I think the hiccup is still present.  I may need to fix my entry ...
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2176
    I had a small mastering hiccup which @stratman3142 doctored but I think the hiccup is still present.  I may need to fix my entry ...
    No problem. Should I use the most recent version you sent me or do you want to send another version?
    It's not a competition.
    I need to tinker with it a bit more I think. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Well I prefer my metal a little heavier but I think this is suitably "up my street" :)  I'll have a play and see what I can come up with
    I need to tinker with it a bit more I think. 
    Not sure what you have in mind but on my listening devices it's a bit on the bright side - some of the squeals and wah sweeps are quite piercing. Great playing though. 
    Bezzer said:
    Well I prefer my metal a little heavier but I think this is suitably "up my street" :)  I'll have a play and see what I can come up with
    Easily resolved by piitch shifting it down to G and overdubbing some blast beats at 220bpm... :)
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    Well, I’ve recorded something this month at least. Not sure if I’ll submit it, I’m no shredder so I’m well outside my comfort zone. Anyway, I’m one step closer to an entry this month :)
    Rowby1 said:
    Well, I’ve recorded something this month at least. Not sure if I’ll submit it, I’m no shredder so I’m well outside my comfort zone. Anyway, I’m one step closer to an entry this month :)

Go for it. I'm sure it will be an interesting take on things.

It's not a competition.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Rowby1 said:
    There’s a common misconception about metal being all shred, it’s honestly not!! If you’ve played what you felt it’s as valid as anything else!

Submit man, I look forward to hearing it! 
    Bezzer said:
    Rowby1 said:
    There’s a common misconception about metal being all shred, it’s honestly not!! If you’ve played what you felt it’s as valid as anything else!

Seconded
    Bezzer said:
    Rowby1 said:

Seconded
    Okay, I will but I’ve had another listen this morning and there’s a bit I want to have another go at over the weekend. 
    Resubmitted my version with a bit better mixing now.  It's at the bottom of the list now.  Fingers crossed it doesn't pierce anyone else's ear drums ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Okay, mines sent in....not my finest hour but hope it’ll make some of you smile anyway.
    Rowby1 said:
    Okay, mines sent in....not my finest hour but hope it’ll make some of you smile anyway.

That brings to total number of entries to 6.

It's not a competition.
    All gone quiet :( No more entries?
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Sent.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

Sent.  

7 entries now in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
    Playlist isn’t refreshing for me, says 7 tracks at the top but only plays 5? Is it just me? 
    I found that occasionally but after a few refreshes or going back to fretboard home and then navigating to the playing anew it updates.