WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    VAR is a great addition and I don't get why people object to it - It takes nothing away

And you can see that defender trying to get his arm free, as there's space between it and Kane's body while they're both standing

"Rugby tackle" be damned, fools!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

The best thing I noticed about the England game was that the fucking brass band aren't there.

Having to listen to them play the Great Escape / Rule Britannia continuously over the years has been far more upsetting than the football played on the pitch.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    does Raheem Stirling think its a good idea to smile so widely when he misses chances?  really starting to annoy me, 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    does Raheem Stirling think its a good idea to smile so widely when he misses chances?  really starting to annoy me, 
    Thank you sir. "What the f is that fat arsed b laughing at?" was my latest query with him. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited June 2018
    CHRISB50 said:

The best thing I noticed about the England game was that the fucking brass band aren't there.

Having to listen to them play the Great Escape / Rule Britannia continuously over the years has been far more upsetting than the football played on the pitch.

it was the lack of creativity that was most grinding.

they should have played the jaws themesong every time england had control, the steptoe themesong everytime the other side got the ball & the death march whenever england got knocked out of the first round on penalties.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11294
    I've never understood why they play the Great Escape theme.

Fifty escapees were murdered and a load more recaptured and sent back to the camp.
    vale said:
    CHRISB50 said:

it was the lack of creativity that was most grinding.

they should have played the jaws themesong every time england had control, the steptoe themesong everytime the other side got the ball & the death march whenever england got knocked out of the first round on penalties.

I like this. Football set to incidental music. It could replace commentary.

scrumhalf said:
    I've never understood why they play the Great Escape theme.

Fifty escapees were murdered and a load more recaptured and sent back to the camp.
    Me neither really. I always presumed it was the only tune they all knew how to play, other than Rule Britannia.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    CHRISB50 said:

So who the hell was playing September by Earth, Wind and Fire incessantly for the entire second half?

They were there....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sinbaadi said:
    CHRISB50 said:

So who the hell was playing September by Earth, Wind and Fire incessantly for the entire second half?

They were there....

I have no idea! Seriously are they there?! I didn't hear them.

Must have filtered them out after all this time. Win for me!

sinbaadi said:
    CHRISB50 said:

They were there....

Yep, it seems you are correct...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/06/16/exclusive-england-band-cleared-play-world-cup-despite-tournament/

Wis awarded.

I wonder who intervenes / intervened on their behalf? They should be sent to a gulag.

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308

why I watch on a non "British" channel.
    "I endured the BBC1 commentary right up until Martin Keown said this shouldn't be given offside because it was "close".

"Martin Keown “It’s marginally offside there so surely it shouldn’t be offside then”  - U what ???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    edited June 2018
    AliGorie said:

why I watch on a non "British" channel.
    "I endured the BBC1 commentary right up until Martin Keown said this shouldn't be given offside because it was "close".

"Martin Keown “It’s marginally offside there so surely it shouldn’t be offside then”  - U what ???

In his defence, they said before the tournament that lino's would be ignoring close calls (or words to that effect), so I assume that's what he was talking about. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited June 2018
    joneve said:
    ah gotcha - technical hiccup - then from the same source (apologies) -

the comments are good
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I am automatically suspicious of anyone posting an Express or Mail link, especially when they advise you to read the comments. 

Are you freelancing for my shrink @AliGorie ? I know he's short of work but that's a dirty tactic! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    With every sentence he speaks, Martin Keown acts to destroy the English language.

Has anyone noticed how many times he says 'Isn't it'.  I'm finding his commentary insufferable.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Apparently the England team have visited a local russian orphanage today as part of their community programme

"It was so sad to see their little faces with no hope." said Vladimir aged 6.

14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    With every sentence he speaks, Martin Keown acts to destroy the English language.

Has anyone noticed how many times he says 'Isn't it'.  I'm finding his commentary insufferable.

He's still better than listening to Hoddle's twaddle on the other side.

Might have to turn the sound down when England are on ITV.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

It's his frequent use of the sentences using the phrase '...has beaten off...' that concerns me. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Was listening to Terry Butcher on the radio yesterday evening, he was giving the Sengalese players 'funny' nicknames based on their african names.  Might not hear much from him!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom