Pearl Jam Euro dates announced Help

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Super gutted!  Hope you guys sort your ticket situations out.

Randella sits in AirBnB thinking of things to do in London for the night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Gutted for you all guys, especially those who have had to arrange baby sitters, book time off work or book hotels. It's a crap situation for everyone involved.

If anyone does get stuck with a pair of tickets for July they can't use let me know.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    underdog said:
    If anyone does get stuck with a pair of tickets for July they can't use let me know.
    Likewise, although looking at my diary it would appear that I'm working at least 48 days in July...

@mikeyrob73 ...I'm gutted for you mate. 

Just so it's not a completely wasted trip, I might PM you my father's address so you can brick his window for me. 

I'd do it myself, but I don't like getting too close to the nasty bell end

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    randella said:
    Super gutted!  Hope you guys sort your ticket situations out.

Randella sits in AirBnB thinking of things to do in London for the night.
    I’m sat in the Big easy on Canary Wharf mate, pm me might have something interesting for us to do this evening 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Ooh, bad luck on the cancellation. Would be gutted if I'd made a long special trip. Although surely there's ample alternative entertainment in That London. 

I saw PJ last weekend at Pinkpop festival in Holland. His voice seemed fine but they've been playing a lot I gather and the set was a marathon 2.5 hours plus. Must take some serious hammering and clearly the toll has been taken. 

The band seemed decent enough but I have to confess I wasn't particularly excited. A lot of their material passed me by first time and I just can't get into it these days. There were plenty of dedicated fans worshipping at the altar of Eddie though. 
    There is a pearl jam tribute act just announced a gig in soho tonight so all is not lost. 

Have dmed @randella my mobile number if he wants to meet up. Fuck it what can you do, life gives you lemons, start drinking tequila 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    There is a pearl jam tribute act just announced a gig in soho tonight so all is not lost. 

Have dmed @randella my mobile number if he wants to meet up. Fuck it what can you do, life gives you lemons, start drinking tequila 
    And this is why I stick around this forum!  I've scraped together other plans for the night now, but hope you have a top one chap.
    Anyone else down here anyway and looking for something to do 

https://i.imgur.com/BLyuk0h.jpg
  • I was just about to get on the train when I found out. Still had time to turn around... "Only" lost money on the train ticket and accommodation... And annual leave... Oh well, things happen! :'( All the best to Ed and let's hope he can get well enough for them to continue the tour.   

Hope you guys have a good night with the tribute band!! I went to town centre to a guitar shop as my consolation  =)  

Tribute band? Spent whole day calling venue tonget tickets, nothing, tweeted them, nothing. Sold out was next announcement, missed pearl jam today and fake pearl jam. Fucking gutted is an understatement. 
  • Oh no, so sorry to hear!! 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3853
    Sorry to hear this lads, massive PJ fan here who decided against going due to work commitments. What a downer.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31371
    My niece just used her annual leave up for this and has missed them the last couple of times due to family stuff. 

They're her favourite band so I packed her off to London yesterday with my blessing, because she's missing my dad's funeral tomorrow and I know he'd have wanted her to go. 

She messaged me earlier to say she couldn't get into the tribute gig either. 
    edited June 2018
    p90fool said:
    My niece just used her annual leave up for this and has missed them the last couple of times due to family stuff. 

They're her favourite band so I packed her off to London yesterday with my blessing, because she's missing my dad's funeral tomorrow and I know he'd have wanted her to go. 

She messaged me earlier to say she couldn't get into the tribute gig either. 
    Utter shambles of a day for me, train from Leeds was cancelled, gig cancelled, couldn’t get into the tribute band, over £500 outta pocket all in 2 days annual leave gone and don’t even think o can make it back down in July. Utterly dejected this evening 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Finally back in Yorkshire. Several hundred ££££ lighter and a lot more pissed off 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Just to say I'm sorry to hear this sad tale.  I've never had a gig "disaster" but have had some big names cancel festivals which is always disappointing when you've been looking forward to it for ages.  Have a sympathy.

Personally I tend to shy away from big arena gigs, and travelling too far for any gig other than a festival.  Mainly because most of the bands I like are small fry anyway!  

Anyway, put on a record, have a beer and try and forget about it.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I feel for you mate. Not good. Not good at all.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I feel for you mate. Not good. Not good at all.

I know - fancy having to go back to Yorkshire  :o

(Seriously though, I'm really sorry to hear your tale of woe, @mikeyrob73 - sounds horrendous).

• AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 475
    Just got back from my trip to London for night 2, gutted! If its for the best, then so be it, these things happen I guess. I think PJ will put on a spectacular show to make up for it though, I really hope I can make it to the rescheduled date.

One of the nicest things about the whole ordeal was the commeradery between fans. I wondered around Canary Wharf/Waterloo that evening and the number of PJ shirts I saw was amazing, I had a good chat with about 10-12 people in that time discussing where we had come from, what number show we were on etc, it was a good feeling all around, even with the bad news. One chap I spoke to had come all the way from South Africa for this date, he had got tired of waiting for them to play there so thought he'd fly out... Really felt sorry for him.
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1129
    Did any of you get to see the tribute band, Pearl Jamm? I went to see them recently and they were absolutely incredible. There's another group called Pearl Jam UK from Liverpool, who are also immense. In fact, I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I don't think I'll ever pay £50+ to see the real deal when I can see either of these for £15 in a smaller, more intimate, and more local venue.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom