Martin 000-18e with Rosewood back/sides exist??

What's Hot
Have they ever made a rosewood 00018 with a pickup? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    edited June 2018
    £ rosewood 000-18s as custom shop jobs and I don’t think any of them had pickups. 

The 2018 000-28 has scalloped braces and a 1 3/4” nut so unless the tortie binding is a big deal that might be closer to what you want, and then just stick a pickup in it.
  • Lewy said:
    £ rosewood 000-18s as custom shop jobs and I don’t think any of them had pickups. 

The 2018 000-28 has scalloped braces and a 1 3/4” nut so unless the tortie binding is a big deal that might be closer to what you want, and then just stick a pickup in it.
    Yeah basically I’m looking for the Eric Clapton model but with a pickup and without the stupid inlay. Will have a look at the 28 cheers
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    Where that £ is on my reply, I had typed "I've only ever seen"...just so you know!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Lewy said:
    Where that £ is on my reply, I had typed "I've only ever seen"...just so you know!
    That’s a useful tip. I’d often wondered how to get the “I’ve only ever seen” symbol when putting a price in my for sale ads.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Darn, that didn’t work. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    U want to use it WITH the p/up ? that would over ride the difference the b/side woods would contribute.
    Thats my experience - same or different p/up systems in my Hog / R/wood guitars - what makes a difference in transducers sound is BODY type / design.
  • AliGorie said:
    U want to use it WITH the p/up ? that would over ride the difference the b/side woods would contribute.
    Thats my experience - same or different p/up systems in my Hog / R/wood guitars - what makes a difference in transducers sound is BODY type / design.
    Its going to be working so will have to handle different stages and bands/duets/solo and record AND sound like Eric Clapton unplugged and do a bit of jazz and some bluegrass and make me smile every time I pick it up 
    Hmm, that would be any good elec/acoustic with $10's of thousands of $ processing.
    In saying that the EC 000 is braced for 'live' playing and / or heavy strumming (with 13's gauge) because of the X brace to bridge position.

and the original 1935 000 -

• gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited July 2018
    So I’ve done a bit of an about turn and ordered a Waterloo WL14 with X bracing and truss rod. Never played one but I get a feeling it’s exactly what I’m looking for sound wise. Fingers crossed
    happy crossed fingers - what model is it + p/up ?
  • AliGorie said:
    happy crossed fingers - what model is it + p/up ?
    Just the standard Waterloo WL14X in sunburst with truss rod I’m afraid so going to either throw in a K&K Pure Mini or Trace Amulet when it arrives