RabsWood Guitars Builds so far vid

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2607
edited June 2018 in Made in the UK tFB Trader

Ive not been posting much recently and as far as my work is concerned ive not had any time recently to do much as I have been looking after my parents a lot...  But I am hoping that after next week things may start to get a bit easier and I will be back at work.. And I have a lot of interesting stuff coming up too that im looking forward to sharing with you..

But in the meantime I have this quick vid which covers some of my builds from the last few years...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    Wow some great stuff here.  I'm pretty conservative in guitar tastes generally mostly fender shaped. That Black Mahogany Walnut Double Cut 2 and the Oak Arrow are stunning guitars.  What pickups do you use?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    Wow some great stuff here.  I'm pretty conservative in guitar tastes generally mostly fender shaped. That Black Mahogany Walnut Double Cut 2 and the Oak Arrow are stunning guitars.  What pickups do you use?

Cheers

Ohh all sorts of things...  I often use Vanson I REALLY like their Humbucker sized P90s..  They sound amazing. Ive sold a few guitars with them and they have always been well received.. While they are cheap I cant recommend them high enough regardless of price..  I have also used Gibson pickups in a few builds some new, some used but like new which I get off Ebay to help keep costs down...  And some from AxesRus... 

As you can probably see from my builds I have very few rules when it comes to design.. My main one I think is I think guitars are made from wood, most of the time I like them to look and feel like wood which is why I really like an oil finish..

Ohh and that Oak Arrow was the second guitar I ever completed :) It does look nice doesn't it, I think more people should use oak.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    congrats Rab, thats a really neat little showreel. i think it's very cool that you've explored so many styles & options, rather than just working one style with minor tweaks.
    they remind me of all sorts of things, rickenbacker solids (the 610 and the early 800 with the german carve), the natural wood through neck westones of the 1980s, the old yamaha SGs, a ton of scope.
    & if the video is aimed at drumming up business i think it will be perfect for that as it shows you can do anything & also mix & match features & details across the styles.
    nice job, dude!
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    @munckee sorry munckee, meant to wow rab's comment but missed & hit yours & don't know how to unwow. so have a free wow on me.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    vale said:
    congrats Rab, thats a really neat little showreel. i think it's very cool that you've explored so many styles & options, rather than just working one style with minor tweaks.
    they remind me of all sorts of things, rickenbacker solids (the 610 and the early 800 with the german carve), the natural wood through neck westones of the 1980s, the old yamaha SGs, a ton of scope.
    & if the video is aimed at drumming up business i think it will be perfect for that as it shows you can do anything & also mix & match features & details across the styles.
    nice job, dude!

Wow, that's such a nice comment..  Thank you so much 

And I feel very accurate..  I have never wanted to do replicas.. Im sure I could but I feel that if you want a LP or a Strat then go buy one, theres thousands of them out there.. I want to provide guitars to people specs..  If they happen to like my designs and builds that's cool but I think playing guitar is such a personal thing and we all have slightly different taste and ideas to what our perfect guitar is so I aim to provide guitars that feel very familiar but have a nice little design twist to them.

Ohh and im not done yet with my design ideas..  I have so many its hard to keep up  :)

Inspired by another FB member this is something im thinking about

https://i.imgur.com/uGyw92n.jpg

Plus im doing a guitar for a friend soon which will have a piezo bridge so it has acoustic (ish) sounds and will be a semi hollow with sound holes. Something like this (this is very rough mock up)

https://i.imgur.com/a7XuVHr.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom