Alice in Chains

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
The biggest and most important band of my late teens early 20's and I'm finally getting to see them on Sunday.

Wetting myself with excitement. Even with William DuVall they sound so eerily close to the original line up, live they are on fire right now. Cantrell is one of my most respected guitarists

Anyone else going
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    Saw them back in the early 90’s. They were the main support for Megadeth along with The Almighty on the RIP tour.

It was a great gig!! 

Enjoy the upcoming show..
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6987
    edited June 2018
    Irritatingly, I only found out about the gig on Tuesday.  By that time, the only tickets available were £110 from official Ticketmaster scalpers

Hope it’s an awesome gig, dead jealous
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    What a show!! So much love in the room for the band, at times you could see the band were taken aback by it

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    Saw them at the Brixton Academy in the early 90s. Best gig of my life. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Yeah that was well up there for me
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324

I went to the Leeds gig, and the sound was great, but they totally oversold the venue.....it was stupidly packed even right at the back. They should have upgraded to the First Direct Arena...

I would definitely go see them again. Two guys harmonising ace melodies over heavy melodic riffs is quite something.

I went to the Leeds gig, and the sound was great, but they totally oversold the venue.....it was stupidly packed even right at the back. They should have upgraded to the First Direct Arena...

I would definitely go see them again. Two guys harmonising ace melodies over heavy melodic riffs is quite something.

I found the vocals to be a bit muffled and you couldn't hear what they were saying in-between songs but the harmonies did stand out in song

And shepherds bush was rammed too!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    STILL not managed to see them live :( One day, hopefully. Even without Layne, it's a bucket list item for sure. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    joneve said:
    STILL not managed to see them live :( One day, hopefully. Even without Layne, it's a bucket list item for sure. 
    Same. AIC are my favourite band of all time but still never seen them live. Probably because the new material doesn't interest me in the slightest and I'm worried that's where the majority of the live stuff will be from.
    Dopesick said:
    joneve said:
    Same. AIC are my favourite band of all time but still never seen them live. Probably because the new material doesn't interest me in the slightest and I'm worried that's where the majority of the live stuff will be from.
    Not true. Only had 3 or 4 duvall era tracks rest was from Layne era.

Youre missing some real gems by ignoring the newer stuff. William DuVall is very very capable and Staley's are big shoes to fill

• BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    Seeing them at Rock Werchter in July. I can't wait
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Dopesick said:
    joneve said:

Youre missing some real gems by ignoring the newer stuff. William DuVall is very very capable and Staley's are big shoes to fill

Some of the material off 'Black Gives Way To Blue' was pretty good but I couldn't get into the next one at all. The new song doesn't excite me one bit. I will give the new album a try but I ain't holding my breath.
    Dopesick said:
    Dopesick said:
    joneve said:

Some of the material off 'Black Gives Way To Blue' was pretty good but I couldn't get into the next one at all. The new song doesn't excite me one bit. I will give the new album a try but I ain't holding my breath.
    This sums up my feelings as well :( 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I FREAKING LOVE ALICE IN CHAINS.
    Lucky I got to see them at Soundwave Festival a few years ago. They sound killer live. They nail the sound. The vocal harmonies are near-perfect with the album recordings. I have seen bands live where the vocal performance does not touch the vocal performance on the record, Alice in Chains on the other hand, nail it. 

I love both the DuVall albums. But the original stuff is also delightful. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    Haven't watched this yet, but will do! From Hellfest 2018

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Never saw AIC unfortunately, but I did see Cantrell when he toured Degradation Trip. That was fab.
    Haven't watched this yet, but will do! From Hellfest 2018

that video is actually Rock Am Ring from 2010 - great show. 

This is Hellfest :) 

William Duval's vocals are great. Not dissimilar to Layne, but he's not trying to copy the verbatim. 
    And actually if you listen to either of Jerry's solo records you realise just how much of the AiC sound is down to him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    And actually if you listen to either of Jerry's solo records you realise just how much of the AiC sound is down to him
    yup. Degredation Trip and Boggy Deppt are horrible underrated
    Damn right