Recommended Luthiers & Techs

What's Hot

Comments

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 447
    I’ve used LA guitars in Barnet , lovely guys, good work and ok ish prices. Tim marten and Andy Gibson are my go to guys in Denmark street. Charlie chandler at Ccgx and his team as fab if u r near Hampden court.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Adding Dan "The guitar engineer" to the list.

He's based in berkhamsted so good for South bucks/Herts. He recently did a great job levelling the frets and setting up one of my guitars.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Had good service from Stuart at Berkshire Amp Repairs  ( https://www.fixguitaramps.co.uk/ ) .  Fixed the amp on the spot in 15 mins, and then let me drive away with it and PayPal him from home because I didn't have any cash on me (it's a long story  :# )
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Martyn Booth of Martyn Booth Guitars. The mans an absolute craftsman 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    New email address for Colin Fulton: c.fultonguitars@gmail.com
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    North London - Another shout for LA Guitars in Finchley. 
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Just moved to West Thurrock and wondered if there were any recommended shops or techs in the area. Can’t really see anything. Looking for a set up
  • Anyone know of a place/person that can do a really thorough setup/service on strats in Cambridgeshire area? 
  • Yet another shout out for Terry Chapman in Stevenage, Herts.  Did a fantastic full set up on my fender custom shop tele but left me depressed because I thought I knew what i was doing with set ups!  Top guy.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Any recommendations for set ups in Sheffield/Rotherham?

• Any recommendations for set ups in Sheffield/Rotherham?
    Not quite local, but Rob at RH Guitars in Derby is amazing 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited September 2018
    Moss said:
    Can recommend Robin at Remade Guitars in Abingdon - replaced my Strat bridge to a Wilkinson for £40 including a setup, electrics check, new strings and the bridge  
    +1 for Robin at Remade. He has now relocated to Dolgellau and opened a small shop in the town (still does pop ups in Abingdon).  He has replaced a floyd rose on my washburn mg42 and  lowered the saddle, nut + set up my Taylor 114, both great work. 

http://www.remadeguitars.co.uk/
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Yet another +1 for Feline Guitars in Croydon. Just picked up one of my guitars after a fret-dress and set up and it is playing better than it ever has. Highly recommended and will certainly use again whenever the need arises.
  • John Proctor - Nunnhead in South East London.

Great guy and I've had 4 guitars set up or repaired by him!  Really nice guy too. 

http://www.johnprocter.com
  • Paul Cuthbert - near Royston, Hertfordshire.

I went to him to put the final finishing touches on my self-build Strat project...and he did loads more than I was expecting and the thing came back sounding absolutely stunning.

I took one of my PRSs to him today for new pickups and a custom wiring harness. He is incredibly easy to talk to, and sits down with you and runs through all the possible options to get your guitar to sound how you want it to.

I’ll take my other two guitars there next week. 10/10, would recommend very much.

https://www.paulcuthbertguitars.co.uk/
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    Another recommendation for David Kennett at Flame Guitars who has just done a very good and thorough setup for me, my guitar is playing 100% better now than before he touched it. He has a lot of knowledge and experience to bring to bear.

• Just another mention for Jacks Instrument Services in Manchester - he had a stall at the guitar show this weekend. I’ve used him for a couple of refrets, some wiring work and will soon be taking him up on a bespoke scratch plate. He is a top fella, busy, but well worth seeking out  :)
  • sparkspark Frets: 22
    Gerry at haze guitars set up my basses and now my guitars, very professional and honest. I would say is one of the best in Ireland. He is based in Lucan (next to Dublin).

https://hazeguitars.com

His website is loaded of news and tips (blog section), have a look.
  • Any recommendations for set ups in Sheffield/Rotherham?
    Need someone to look at a Tele switch/pickups........