Weezer cover Africa

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I don’t smurf it. I love the original though. And I mean really love, without irony. It’s one of the best pop songs ever made, despite (or maybe because of) the cockeyed lyrics. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Whitecat said:
    I fucking love it. 

Yeah, the lyrics are stupid. But who cares. It's catchy as hell, super memorable, really well-made (the production has not dated at all on it) and Lukather has to keep it in his pants for a song.

(I jest, I love Luke, but an 80s track without a screaming guitar solo is a little bit of a rarity...)

Anyway, yeah, Weezer's take is pretty much right down the middle but they've probably made more money off this alone than they have in the last 10 years... and it's raising Toto's profile...

Check out this sweet walk-on-walk-off keyboard solo from Steve Porcaro...

is he reading the lyrics off a laptop on a drum stool?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    sgosden said:
    Whitecat said:
    I fucking love it. 

Yeah, the lyrics are stupid. But who cares. It's catchy as hell, super memorable, really well-made (the production has not dated at all on it) and Lukather has to keep it in his pants for a song.

(I jest, I love Luke, but an 80s track without a screaming guitar solo is a little bit of a rarity...)

Anyway, yeah, Weezer's take is pretty much right down the middle but they've probably made more money off this alone than they have in the last 10 years... and it's raising Toto's profile...

is he reading the lyrics off a laptop on a drum stool?
    Dead-eyed at that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    Whitecat said:
    I fucking love it. 

Yes! That was epic. Steve Porcaro is the fucking man. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom