New Joe B Single and Album

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    You can't fault Joe's work ethic - Continuous tour after tour and album after album in one form or another

I don't dislike him, but equally I've never found him to be the 'idol' in the same way as others have influenced me - Not fully sure why - IMO his finest 2/3 favourite albums are the first 2 with Beth Hart and the follow up live album - maybe it's because with Beth, he is there to add colour and texture to the song and not to try and own it, as he does on his solo albums, with to much guitar - I'm a big Gary Moore fan, certainly regarding his playing, but as an overview you'd never say he was a great singer or song writer - I some how feel Joe is the same - On solo albums, the guitar rules supreme over the song - But with Beth, the song is already written, as most/many are covers - Beth handles the vocals so Joe adds 'colour' to the song with tasty supporting licks and solos that are part of the song

I think it was @Ossyrocks who let me know about this track via another posting and it shows how good he is IMO

I'll listen to the above clips and then decide to buy or not
    As a fellow Gary Moore fan - couldn't agree more with the above.

Everything should be that I love Joe, and to be honest - when you see him talking about gear, demo'ing a guitar I do

But the music (apart from with Beth Hart) - just doesn't move me.

And I think Kevin Shirley has made that all the worse, how he keeps getting these gigs is beyond me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    Agree with a lot of the comments. To be fair, to be a 'star' you have to sing, but his voice just doesn't have the punch, character or tone.

It's brutally exposed on the 3 kings stuff as b.b. Freddie and Albert are three of the greatest singers of all time imo. 

I say this as someone who can't hold a note lol

His playing is awesome though!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I just heard it without the video and imo it sounds better without the video - he should move away from the behind scenes recording studio videos where it looks manufactured and blues by numbers.   I still think it’s one of his better tracks from recent years.