5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Oh, and one more thing - there's a couple that have no volunteers at all so far - they will be culled tomorrow. If I do cull them then I need some alternates and volunteers willing to do them quick sharp as well..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Oh, and one more thing - there's a couple that have no volunteers at all so far - they will be culled tomorrow. If I do cull them then I need some alternates and volunteers willing to do them quick sharp as well..
    I’m ready with Pretty Vacant ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    sticker said:
    Ok , I’ll take acoustic duties on Lola , WMGGW and Take it easy and am happy to sing lead ( or preferably backing vox ) on them too .
    Also happy to fill in bass/rhythm guitar as required. 
    ^^^ my original post appears to have been missed...
    Just for the record I’m happy to play Bass or rhythm guitar on anything that needs it too.
    sticker said:
    sticker said:
    Ok , I’ll take acoustic duties on Lola , WMGGW and Take it easy and am happy to sing lead ( or preferably backing vox ) on them too .
    Also happy to fill in bass/rhythm guitar as required. 
    ^^^ my original post appears to have been missed...
    Just for the record I’m happy to play Bass or rhythm guitar on anything that needs it too.
    Sorry, yes will update.

can you be specific re bass and rhythm - I’m not going to randomly allocate any songs to anyone - it normally means they end up confused on the day 
  • Apologies if I've missed something, but is that list spread over both days? I'm only down for the Saturday, are all those songs for the Saturday? 
    Apologies if I've missed something, but is that list spread over both days? I'm only down for the Saturday, are all those songs for the Saturday? 
    Once the list is filled we will work out what is played on which day. I didn’t want to stop people playing on a song cos it was a “Sunday” song
  • Fair enough, but I don't want to put my name down for something that isn't even played on the Saturday if you see what I mean? 

I'll put my name down for rhythm on While My Guitar.... and lead on Paranoid as they're still free. I'll also have a bash at bass on Fire; I was on lead duties on that one last time out, so will be good to mix it up! 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fair enough, but I don't want to put my name down for something that isn't even played on the Saturday if you see what I mean? 

This is so very pertinent.

As a reminder, I am only planning attending on the Saturday, and am down to play rhythm on Take it Easy (but have agreed in this thread to give the lead a run for it's money). So if there's not enough people to play this song on the Saturday, then ... well ....... let's not go there, eh?

And as the even greater Steve Wright would say, "That's no G". Gnnnaaarrgghh!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    If you put your name down for a song and you’re only there for one day we’ll play it on that day - and again the next day if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    edited June 2018
    We can play it twice

Edit: @mrkb beat me to it. It's a jam boys...if you fancy a go stick your name down, even for bass
    ;)

Steady - bass slots are the prime slots :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11678
    TTony said:
    Ok, sorry to break up this little bromance thing going on here!  I'm late to the party. Is there an updated/latest version of the song list so I can see what slots are free? 
    ^^ no replies in a week?

Just logging in to see how this is all going and whether I should be planning a trip to Huddersfield in a few weeks and it appears to be dying a death of disinterest ...

Is there a setlist for Saturday afternoon yet?  Or anything organised for who's playing what in the evening?

@TTony glad to see you are still considering coming along, would be nice to see you there

@Bridgehouse and @Legionreturns everything still OK and is there anything you guys need the rest of us to assist with?  We might not be much help but I can at least bring some enthusiasm to balance any disinterest :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    If you put your name down for a song and you’re only there for one day we’ll play it on that day - and again the next day if needed.
    The Sunday could (assuming we aren't all too hungover) be a chance for the weekenders to get some great recordings given we would have played the songs together once or twice already.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I've just finished a 70 hour week... freelance season has taken off apparently! 

Everything is grand, I'll get to the gig setlist in the next few days and see where we are.

Drummer is in the pipeline, announcement to follow. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    @TTony - hope you decide to attend.

Everything is grand, I'll get to the gig setlist in the next few days and see where we are.

Glad to know all is well @Legionreturns enjoy your days of rest :)

Glad to know all is well @Legionreturns enjoy your 4 hours of rest :)

FTFY ...working for free this afternoon... apparently Mrs Returns needs a PA and music for her school gala this afternoon. Does it still count as work if I'm getting paid in kind? 

Glad to know all is well @Legionreturns enjoy your 4 hours of rest :)

FTFY ...working for free this afternoon... apparently Mrs Returns needs a PA and music for her school gala this afternoon. Does it still count as work if I'm getting paid in kind? 
    I fear it does, it is a very nice day for it though.
    I'm all "nice day'd" out... burnt to a crisp after working as a climbing instructor for the Girlguides yesterday lol 

RIGHT THEN YOU LOT! :)

List updated. Note two songs have no volunteers - Ride A White Swan and the Quo number. Last call, or they are ditched and it's Pretty Vacant coming in instead.

Note I have put myself down for some more bass slots - if you have volunteered then I'm going to start filling you in unless you specify what you want to do! ;)

Get your orders in quick or you won't be playing! 

I want this nailed down this week so get on with it!

And if you think someone hasn't volunteered yet can you tag them and give them a prod pls?