The fun of effects pedals and acoustic guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305

I use the Helix when doing acoustic sets and also enjoy the ambient side of it. Given that sometimes an acoustic duo can sound a little sparse I like using effects and its a bit different to a lot of other acts out there.

Looping is the next hurdle.

Hi David,
    The Helix has several inputs and outputs. If doing the acoustic stuff and there's vocals, do the vocals also go through the Helix as it's capable of doing that and even having a bass, too, all at the same time and with separate settings.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    @kebabkid - we don't pass vocals through but we could. It's something to ponder for the future, but Helen has a vocal harmoniser so for the moment it's easier to keep things separate
  • I've got a few different patches. All use the mic pre, and then some compression. I have a wah in one, delay and reverb controlled by expression pedal and then some with Kinky boost or Minotaur.  I'm away from the Helix at the mo but can get some settings next week
    I've been wondering about using a Helix for acoustic. Would be interested to know if you need any special IRs... what type of Helix modelled amp (if any)... etc.  I'd be looking to plug the output into the PA.

Details of settings would be lovelier than lovely.

Thanks.
    No amp, just using the mic pre and effects before/after then going direct to PA. No special IRs
    Thanks.