Mac Audient ID14 latency issues

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    ..and do you think an external SSD would improve performance? I'm currently using an oldish (non-ssd) Hard Drive to record onto but perhaps a small upgrade would improve things somewhat?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    I don't think it'd improve anything - hard disk read/ write speeds are very rarely a bottleneck in the system. This is really an issue with brute CPU power - can it perform the real-time audio processing fast enough as dozens of separate applications (since that's what plugins are) demand time to do their calculations, while still doing all the other stuff in the background that keep the system moving?
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    My machine is a 2012 i5 MBP with 8 gig ram and an ssd with an SPL Crimson interface, which I would regard as similar to the Audient performance wise, I usualy have the buffer at 256 or less. Is there a bit accurate driver, and if so are you using it in Reaper?
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I also tend to render vst instruments quite early in the process so I can share the files with others who are less well endowed in the plug-in department.
    ;-)
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    wave100 said:
    My machine is a 2012 i5 MBP with 8 gig ram and an ssd with an SPL Crimson interface, which I would regard as similar to the Audient performance wise, I usualy have the buffer at 256 or less. Is there a bit accurate driver, and if so are you using it in Reaper?
    Hi, it uses Audient ID14 drivers, but I couldn't tell you much more than that? Probably right about the rendering - bit of a pain but would certainly free up some much needed CPU!
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    I bet its a particular vst you're using. One of the eqs in reaper causes big latency for me! I only use it when everythings been recorded.