Positive Grid Mini Bass Head

BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
Has anyone tried one of these? Or the Bass models in the software at all?

I'm looking out for a small low wattage Class D to pair up to a small cab for rehearsal/acoustic gig type duties.. most Class D's are circa £400, and this is a leap to £750 but you seem to get the full software and access to the amp tone bank thing as well.

Any opinions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14322
    Has anyone tried one of these or the Bass models in the software at all?
    Neither.

I'm looking out for a small low wattage Class D to pair up to a small cab for rehearsal/acoustic gig type duties.
    What is your present low wattage amplifier? In what way(s) is it unsatisfactory for rehearsal/acoustic gig type duties?

Any opinions?
    MarkBass, tc electronic RH450, v.2 Fender Rumble 150.

If you have the option for reinforcement through the band's P.A., how about the Fender Rumble Studio 40?
    Be seeing you.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Or one of the smaller Quilter guitar heads? Quite well thought of for bass rehearsal use, and super-useful besides. 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Has anyone tried one of these or the Bass models in the software at all?
    Neither.

Come come now Mr Fingers, you can do better than that!

I'm looking out for a small low wattage Class D to pair up to a small cab for rehearsal/acoustic gig type duties.
    What is your present low wattage amplifier? 

0 Watts. Doesn't exist. I have a QSC k10.2 FRFR and a range of preamps that form my compact rig. I have a Barefaced Compact 15" which I'm now selling to replace with a Barefaced One 10 for lightness and size. 

In what way(s) is it unsatisfactory for rehearsal/acoustic gig type duties?

It doesn't exist. That's pretty unsatisfactory.

Any opinions?
    MarkBass, tc electronic RH450, v.2 Fender Rumble 150.

I meant opinions on the Positive Grid modeller.. I have in the past had a Markbass LMII and LMIII, a TC Electronic 250, and a few other choice Class D's. My current 'big' class D is an EICH T1000. But 1000w is a bit silly for a small rig - and it's actually not that small. I know I can do better.

If you have the option for reinforcement through the band's P.A., how about the Fender Rumble Studio 40?
    Combo Schmombo - Yes, I've played one. Yes it was good. Yes, It's lightweight. But a One 10 with a small head is actually smaller and lighter and fits in a Cajon gig bag at 30x30x50cm and will cope with up to 500w. (Quality and headroom, of course, not volume)

I was interested in the Positive Grid because apparently they have a B15 model which is exceptionally good.. 
    A compact version of the above:

I'm flogging a Barefaced 15" cab to replace it with a teeny tiny One 10, and I want an amp head that will basically sound just like a B15 and not some random Markbass, TC, GK, etc. etc. standard Class D fare.

I know I am directing my wee wee into the oncoming gale..
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited July 2018

I want an amp head that will basically sound just like a B15 and not some random Markbass, TC, GK, etc. etc. standard Class D fare.

Never seen this Grid thingie but if it really does that, I'd be proper impressed. Because nothing small out there does B15 convincingly IMO, and I have loooooked.  

You'll be onto a winner with the One 10, I have the non-tweeter Midget.

My path to portable yet acceptable Ampeggishness was to purchase the least offensive Class D head to my eyes/ears (BB800) and add a 
    Bearfoot Blueberry (you might prefer a Catalinbread SFT, a Solidgold Beta, or a One Control Solid Silver Peg). 

Modular advantage. 
    KKJale said:

I want an amp head that will basically sound just like a B15 and not some random Markbass, TC, GK, etc. etc. standard Class D fare.

Never seen this Grid thingie but if it really does that, I'd be proper impressed. Because nothing small out there does B15 convincingly IMO, and I have loooooked.  

You'll be onto a winner with the One 10, I have the non-tweeter Midget.

My path to portable yet acceptable Ampeggishness was to purchase the least offensive Class D head to my eyes/ears (BB800) and add a Bearfoot Blueberry (you might prefer a Catalinbread SFT, a Solidgold Beta, or a One Control Solid Silver Peg). 

Modular advantage. 
    Yes, I love the Barefaced Compact - but just too big and too similar to my Vanderkley cab.

A one 10 will be a different animal for different things.. and much as a real valve head would be great, it would be heavy. 

I can't find an online demo of the full range of models for the positive grid mini bass head - but go check out the features list - it seems you can create your own amp models in the software..
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14322
    I want an amp head that will basically sound just like a B15
    You've finally flipped. ;)

KKJale said:
    nothing small out there does B15 convincingly IMO, and I have loooooked.  
    I am inclined to believe this.

Bridgehouse said:
    Is it worth it?
    Be seeing you.

Bridgehouse said:
    Is it worth it?
    Only you can answer that!