UPDATE! -. My first guitar had come up for sale...

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Paul_C said:
    impmann said:
    Every day I check the eBay using my "Antoria" saved search - I've been looking for my old Goldtop to come up for sale for about 15 years on there. Still no sign. When/if it does... I'll have it back, money no object.

It's almost certainly in @HarrySeven 's shed.
    I'm pretty sure it isn't... is it, H7?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    Good grief NO!!!

An 80s Kay P bass copy that was overpriced, totally unplayable and about as interesting as a tax return spreadsheet.

Thirty years gone and still not far enough away. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    My first guitar was a Squier Strat which came with an absolutely hideous 10W practice amp. I never once changed the strings unless it broke and even then I begged/stole from friends and other musicians. I eventually sold it to a local lad for £50 (which was a total rip off really!) It was a total piece of shit and I hated it.

My second guitar was a 1994 Gibson Explorer. I still have it and won’t be parting with it ever. I consider it my first proper guitar.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    NelsonP said:
    Well, my first guitar was a Marlin Sidewinder, so......
    Mine was a Slammer. No regrets. I’ve had probably 20 guitars through my hands in the last few years. No regrets.

I don’t know what makes a real keeper, my PRS Modern Eagle Quatro feeling close and my ‘74 SG only because it was given to me in good faith.  That, funnily enough, is the first guitar I ever played a real gig with, so holds some nostalgic value. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    still got my Westone Thunder 1  my WEM Dominator mk111 and my 1984 ts9. It was all kept together in the cellar of my ex Girlfriends Parents house. Years after splitting up my brother met her and she mentioned she still had it so he got all back for me .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 222
    I've sold a couple of guitars in the past and bought them back later.
    The main outcome was to remind me why I sold them in the first place!
    All evenually sold on again, and pretty quickly.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    My first guitar was a generic squire strat.. which I quickly changed for a vintage vj6.. I loved it but the floating bridge gave me nothing but trouble so I traded it in for a guitar I've had for over a decade..

Few months that ago my VJ6 came up on eBay for £75.. I regret not getting it... 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    LuttiS said:
    What is the guitar?
    Good question. And one I'm not going to answer! It's not something particularly desirable though.

Much like @impmann I've kept half an eye out for it for many years. I think now it's turned up I'll kick myself if I don't try and get it back so I'm going to give it a go...
    Erm.. don't you mean , "Good Question, the guitar was a XXXXXX. Not particularly desirable but I liked it" 

(Fill in the X's)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited July 2018

I've still got my first good guitar, although it's in a poor state.  I wouldn't be able to recognise my very first guitar - a cheapo LP copy - if it ever appeared, it didn't have a serial number or any distinguishing marks.

I've seen several of my old guitars appear on eBay over the years and I've been quite tempted to buy some of them back - especially my old Hamer Vector. 

The only one I actually did buy back was a PRS Standard 22, but I sold it again a few months later.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    Never date a girl twice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    grungebob said:
    Sorry no. I never sold mine and will never. 
    Same. Though mine gets its 5th (4th? 6th?) neck in a few weeks' time...
    Ok Trigger ;)
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    My first guitar was a 19th century French parlour guitar that my Dad bought as part of a mixed lot in an auction. I still have it, and it's really quite good.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 491
    Bright orange Charvette hair metaller’s guitar. Would love to have it back tbh
  • RoysterdoysterRoysterdoyster Frets: 617
    edited July 2018
    I sold my first which was my 18th birthday present,I'm 50 now! ,a Tokai strat,and whilst it was to fund another guitar,I regret it now. That was about 4 yrs ago. I recently got in touch with the guy I sold it to,and he still has it. He says he'll give me first dibs on it if he sells it. To be honest,he can name his price,cos I'll be paying it!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited July 2018
    impmann said:
    Paul_C said:
    impmann said:
    Every day I check the eBay using my "Antoria" saved search - I've been looking for my old Goldtop to come up for sale for about 15 years on there. Still no sign. When/if it does... I'll have it back, money no object.

I was about to say;

"The only one I've got has had a bit of a life...not much Antoria left...black Grovers, non-original pickups, different pickup rings, brass nut, some added switches, etc."

But I thought it would be far too cruel. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017

However, on a serious note @impmann - I'll add that to my list of stuff I keep an eye open for. You never know! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    Hard to get nostalgic over the piece of crap that was my first guitar. Dreadful late 70's bolt on LP copy. I disliked it that much that I eventually through it in a skip. Second guitar was an early 80's Squier Tele....was much better but not something I'd ever want back. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    impmann said:
    Paul_C said:
    impmann said:

I was about to say;

"The only one I've got has had a bit of a life...not much Antoria left...black Grovers, non-original pickups, different pickup rings, brass nut, some added switches, etc."

But I thought it would be far too cruel. ;)
    Blimey... good memory, chum!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    If anyone ever sees a lefty red Chris Eccleshall Flying V, its former owner would love to have it back.

It was a part exchange that made complete sense at the time. I was still very much a beginner and felt completely ridiculous fumbling bar chords on such a flashy instrument. So for my 18th birthday I got a cool solid body Epiphone of uncertain provenance (I still don’t actually know what it is) and an old AC30 and my Eccleshall ended up on the wall of Holiday Music.

35 years on I’ve still got the Epiphone and the AC30 but even now every couple of years I do a hopeful google search for “Eccleshall Flying V” and every year, I draw a blank. One day...
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2913
    Still got my first decent guitar (Guild), but the prior two, well, you'd have to pay me to taken 'em back... :)