SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED - B&G Little Sister Private Build - SOLD K-Line Truxton / Feline Lion Supreme Slash 2

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
edited September 2018 in Guitars £

Right you lot.  It’s Mr Moans’s Big Summer Sale.  Check out this array of uber-sexy guitar-flesh and come at me waving big greasy wads of bunce.  Not really up for trades on these as I’ve been a silly sod and spent rather more than I should on once-in-a-lifetime never-to-be-repeated vintage type things that I’ll no doubt seek to flip come September.

First for the chop is this refined and elegant K-Line Truxton.  This is one of those ones that’s been through several people’s hands on here, because we’re all raving mad, and came to me in a recent trade.  Beautiful guitar, flawless build quality - custom shop or better, Klein pickups, it’s light - weighs in at about 6.7 lbs/3.050 kg (edited after a stewards' inquiry at the instigation of that @fretfinder one).  A few minor dings shown in the pictures wot I snaffled from previous listings (hope nobody minds).  Comes in G&G hard case.  A snip at £1250.  ****EDIT now sold****

Second is the legendary Feline Lion Supreme Slash 2.  Selling this hurts, but I’ve recently grabbed a proper vintage LP and cannot justify keeping both.  You all know the quality of these things and it is genuinely the best put together guitar I’ve played.  It’s the one on the right pictured with its big brother in the photos.  Condition is immaculate.  Yours for £2k.

***BARGAINS!!  MUCH CHEAPNESS!!  I MAKE YOU GOOD PRICE!! £1800 TAKES IT.  WHOO YEAH!!*** 

****EDIT now sold****

Specs

Top Wood : Maple
Back Wood : Mahogany
Number of Frets : 22 Jumbo
Scale Length : 24.75"
Neck Wood : Mahogany
Fretboard Wood : Rosewood
Bridge : Fixed
Tuners : Locking
Treble Pickup : Oil City Tubesnake
Bass Pickup : Oil  City Tubesnake
Controls : Volume & Tone Control x 2 with Rhythm/Treble switch

Comes with Feline branded Hiscox hard case

Last up is something really special: my B&G Little Sister Private Build in this rather fetching lemon burst.  Hand crafted in Israel of all places, these exude hand built quality.  There’s a bunch of information about them on their website detailing how long they take to painstakingly handcraft each one with unicorns’ horns and angels’ tears and all that malarkey.  The handwound P90s are a work of art in their own right.  Purchased new by me last September/October but has mainly sat in its case since as I’ve been a frightful tart with Jazzmasters and Les Pauls since then.  Comes in immaculate B&G hard case with COA.  These retail at a shade under £4k; looking for £3,250 for this beauty.

***Mad prices crazy bargains etc now reduced to £3k straight.  Get in!!!***

Body

Body thickness: 4.45cm

Body length: 45cm

Body width: 33 cm

Back wood: Old Growth African Mahogany

Top wood: Figured Maple

Neck

Nut width: 42.8mm

Fret 1 thickness: 22.6mm

Fret 10 thickness: 24.3mm

Scale length: 24 3/4

Neck Joint: Fret 14

Neck wood: African Mahogany

Fretboard: Rosewood (take that, CITES)

Fretwire: Narrow (6230)

Inlay: Pearloid

Neck shape: B&G soft V

Adjustable Truss Rod

Headstock: Slotted Peghead

Hardware

Tailpiece: Full Brass B&G

Bridge: abr1 gold

Pickguard: Brass

Tuners: Golden Age restoration

Electronics

Potentiometers: cts500k

Pickups: P90s, 50's style B&G hand-wired

Includes hardcase

Weight

6 - 7 lbs / 2700-3200 gr

Would REALLY prefer to hand these over in person and extremely happy to accommodate folks who want to have a twang in the luxurious environs of Schloss Moans in exotic Barnet, or my office in central London.  Happy to travel and meet halfway, and all questions welcome.

Pictures:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Lovely, just lovely.  GLWS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    What the hell did you buy??????? (Other than the thing I know about)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    uncledick said:
    Lovely, just lovely.  GLWS
    Thank you.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

ellwood said:
    What the hell did you buy??????? (Other than the thing I know about)

*looks shiftily about*

I’ll PM ya :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Truxton now on hold; remaining wares very much available.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Superb guitars all of them!
    Bump up the jam
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Genuinely surprised this Feline is still here. You people are a tough crowd.

v receptive to sensible offers; happy to consider Courier proposals.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    In answer to a flood of inquiries about the neck profile on the Feline, I’m rubbish at describing this stuff so will defer to the master.

According to Jon at Feline Fingerboard radius is 12” and it has Dunlop 6000 frets (0.116 wide x 0.058” tall);
    neck dimensions are 21.5mm at the first fret and about 23mm at the 12th fret.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    JerkMoans said:
    In answer to a flood of inquiries about the neck profile on the Feline, I’m rubbish at describing this stuff so will defer to the master.

According to Jon at Feline Fingerboard radius is 12” and it has Dunlop 6000 frets (0.116 wide x 0.058” tall);
    I had a quick play in this guitar at the Doc’s a while back and it’s beautifully made, very large frets, slim neck, lovely neck joint, and quite light for a LP iirc.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    JerkMoans said:

I had a quick play in this guitar at the Doc’s a while back and it’s beautifully made, very large frets, slim neck, lovely neck joint, and quite light for a LP iirc.
    Wise words indeed.  Precise;y how I'd have described it.

Truxton now gone, to a delightful chap.  Nobody after some Feline lovin'?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3741
    It’s this, the Tabby or a PRS 513...
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    It’s this, the Tabby or a PRS 513...
    Tough call :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Furry Feline football fillip 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Crazy semi-final reductions bargain bump!  Everyone drink too much beer in the sunshine and make reckless lifestyle decisions!!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:

the neck profile is like a slightly slimmer '59 profile. not as wide/slim feel as the '60 profile - sort of like a '59 that shrunk a tiny bit. It was a nice profile and surprisingly easy in the hand.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    edited July 2018
    Somebody needs to help @JerkMoans our local Self-confessed Blues Lawyer out here. He's a great guy to deal with and a miracle worker when it comes to surreptitiously moving the Sun past the yardarm, as I found out recently when I visited him in his London lair. 
    merlin said:
    Somebody needs to help @JerkMoans our local Self-confessed Blues Lawyer out here. He's a great guy to deal with and a miracle worker when it comes to surreptitiously moving the Sun passed the yardarm, as I found out recently when I visited him in his London lair. 
    @merlin going 50/50 with me in floating our new portable pocket yardarm concept.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Feline on hold
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Feline sold :(.......

(to a delightful chap. Hope you’ll both be very very happy together ;) )
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer