SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Paul Richardson Custom Strat £600

What's Hot
kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1143
edited July 2018 in Guitars £

Looking to sell this now to fund something else.

Bought this recently and played it exclusively for a month or so, but the bottom line is I just haven't bonded with it.

Amazing spec, absolute top build quality and an absolute dream to play. Paul is one of the top luthier's in the UK .

Once I bought it I did a bit of digging on the history of the guitar and discovered it was a custom build for a customer of Pauls. It passed through 2 other owners then on to me. I spoke to Paul directly and he sent me the spec:

The body, neck and fretboard is Shedua. It's got 2.4mm stainless steel frets, Gotoh 1055 trem. Schaller locking machine heads. DiMarzio Tone Zone (bridge) and a DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck. It has a coil top switch on the volume control. LSR roller nut.

It has a bigger neck than I'm used to, it's no baseball bat but it's a chunky D Shaped neck. The guitar is also heavier than your standard strat, it's more in line with a Les Paul weight wise, this results in excellent sustain and a weighty tone. The guitar is setup nice with a low playing action, intonation is bang on. Strung up with Elixir Optiweb 10-46 gauge strings. The Trem is currently set up floating.

The pickguard has warped very slightly in the middle. Not noticeable whatsoever from a playing perspective but It is there. I never even noticed it once I had my hands on the guitar. The guy I bought it off told me about it after we did the deal.

Guitar will come with a generic rectangular hardcase.

This was a £2k+ custom build, I'm just looking to get back what I paid for it which was £600. I can post it via courier if required but will need to source a box to post.

Pics below.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2kcplzhp1bwv80g/AADbl2TZSH-OTfila936q_DPa?dl=0

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1143
    edited July 2018

Bump, Strings have now been changed out for D'addario 10-46, I didn't like the Elixir's. I would also be up for a sale on this so message me if interested.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • =) Bump, now for sale
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    Cor, that's pretty.  Shame you're a gazillion miles away from me, I'd love to see that in the flesh.
  • Bump 
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    What's the route like under the pickguard? Nice looking but I'm already drowning in double-humbucker guitars....
    edited July 2018
    It’s routed for HSH under the pickguard John. Paul actually has 2 other white pickguards for the guitar in HSS and SSS config. He offered to sell them to me for £40 for the pair. I’m sure he would offer you the same deal as it’s for one of his guitars.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Having owned a couple of Paul's guitars in the past, and had him work on some others, it's worth pointing out his absolute attention to detail and how high quality his guitars are.  This is an absolute steal at £600 for the quality you're getting.

Good luck with the sale!
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    That’s lovely. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Twinfan said:
    Having owned a couple of Paul's guitars in the past, and had him work on some others, it's worth pointing out his absolute attention to detail and how high quality his guitars are.  This is an absolute steal at £600 for the quality you're getting.
    I remember those guitars you had, although I've never seen his work up close.  He did a build thread on the Bare Knuckle forum once, a purpleheart SG, with lots of closeup photos, and I was really impressed with the precision of his work, absolutely flawless.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Philly_Q said:
    Twinfan said:
    I remember those guitars you had, although I've never seen his work up close.  He did a build thread on the Bare Knuckle forum once, a purpleheart SG, with lots of closeup photos, and I was really impressed with the precision of his work, absolutely flawless.
    Yep - PRS levels of detail.  Truly excellent.

I'll be heading his way sometime next year to have my main PRS re-fretted with stainless steel frets as they're starting to get a bit worn.  He's the only person I'd trust with it, based on previous experience.
    edited July 2018

Build quality wise it’s in the top 3 guitars I’ve owned. The other 2 guitars were a Tyler Strat and a Music Man Silhouette Anniversary model. It’s exceptional in every way.

• Amendment to listing, the original owner of the guitar has contacted me and told me the Neck Pickup is infact a Dimarzio Air Norton.

• Now sold