Anybody tried Sire Basses...?

SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
Hi all,

I can't seem to get a bass trade going for one of my guitars, so I'm looking into quality cheapies and would normally go Cort; however, I've not tried a Sire and they sound quite nice from clips

Has anybody tried these? And if they weren't for you, what did you go for?

All input appreciated
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited July 2018
    I've owned a Sire V7 Marcus Miller (jazz bass) shortly after they came out (got it from Thomann and before Andertons started doing them).

It's served me very well as a guitarist who switched to bass. Great sounds and preamp and a comfortable neck that shouldn't have cost me £270 new i.e. many people who played them thought they cost a lot more.

I know pros with Spectors, Laklands, Wals and other expensive basses who have one or two of these in their arsenal and are more than happy to gig them.

I did buy another, their PJ version about a year ago, but returned it as something else come up and I needed the money. Having tried several Sire models around the time, including some more V7s, I thought the quality had dropped a tad from the earlier batch i.e. set-ups, neck pocket and fret finishing needed some minor attention, but they were still good and if you try a few, I'm sure you'll find one that you like.

Put Sire in the search here and you'll see previous posts on them
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Schnozz said:
    I can't seem to get a bass trade going for one of my guitars
    First that I have heard about it. A link to your guitar for sale (or bass wanted) ad might help.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.