Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 499
    Busy Saturday for Borrowed Time. We have a 11.30am spot at a charity fun day at St Albans Church Gossops Green Crawley then a radio session from 3pm to 5pm on Hospital Radio Crawley.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3008
    Gig tomorrow at a prize giving evening at a clay pigeon shooting event. 

I really hope England win the football in the afternoon, a bad gig in front of pissed off punters that are handy with shotguns is not a pleasant thought!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Gig tomorrow at a prize giving evening at a clay pigeon shooting event. 

I really hope England win the football in the afternoon, a bad gig in front of pissed off punters that are handy with shotguns is not a pleasant thought!
    Just don't cover Fire by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Gig lined up for Saturday night - have two concerns

1 - the heat. Really struggling to just sit in the lounge at home programming the axe fx without disappearing in a puddle of sweat. Gawd knows how hot it will be in a tiny pub where the windows are bolted shut

2 - football. If England win it should be a great night with lashed up revellers. If they lose I get a feeling it will be paid rehearsal with our audience being the pub dog, the fruit machine and some cobwebs

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    My beat combo The Verticals are at The Feathers in Lichfield Staffs tonight. We've played there a few times but we're back with our new bassist tonight. Looking forward to it apart from it's 28° currently. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited July 2018
    David5150 said:

2 - football. If England win it should be a great night with lashed up revellers...

Have just got "Three Lions" under my fingers and text the singer who said that he didn't know it but that he'd google it if he got time.  So I've just printed him out a fekkin' huge cheat sheet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Old Courthouse, Coleraine. First time playing there.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    We did our second ever gig with the new band last night.  Outdoors (thank God !) - and it still needed multiple 18" floor fans to keep us cool !  Small rugby club gig which was packed - probably 200 people.  Incredible....  the best gig I've ever played.  By the start of the second half, every table had at least two people dancing on it !  By the end of the night, there were only about a dozen people who weren't dancing !  When our keyboard player collected the money, the club offered us a regular Saturday night slot - every Saturday night - for £300 !!  There's no way we could do that as people would get sick of us in no time plus it would be a slog to keep turning the set over - and it's hard enough trying to get a handful of dates where we're all available anyway !  Still, a real ego boost to be offered and to have the reaction we got.  Well chuffed :-)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Grunfeld said:
    David5150 said:

2 - football. If England win it should be a great night with lashed up revellers...

Have just got "Three Lions" under my fingers and text the singer who said that he didn't know it but that he'd google it if he got time.  So I've just printed him out a fekkin' huge cheat sheet.

Good skills - we did exactly the same.

In the end though we just stopped playing as the folk in the pub were drowing us out!!

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Emp_Fab Made up for you, man! :)
    Thanks mate.  I’m still buzzing over it!

In mitigation, most people there had been drinking for at least six hours before we started!
    Emp_Fab said:
    Thanks mate.  I’m still buzzing over it!

In mitigation, most people there had been drinking for at least six hours before we started!

I've found this always helps

Having people starting to bounce around during soundcheck is a sight to behold!!!

• nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    First gig tonight for our Black Sabbath covers band. Only a 45 minute opening set but looking forward to it. Nervous though! Countless gigs with my old band but never as jittery as this before... lol
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    The Black Horse Sidmouth tonight (21st July). We're on about 9.30pm.
    It's not a competition.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    The Travellers Inn, South Kirkby, nr. Pontefract tonight. Start about 9:15
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Private wedding in Worthing. I'll be on tenor sax. 
  • my band Alibi are playing the roundabout club, sandy tonight ,9;00 i think. unlikely but if anyone around do come and say hello
    edited August 2018
    I'm just loading up for our gig in the Afan Lido, Port Talbot.  Tom Jones played there once.  It also has the ignominy of being, to my knowledge anyway, the only swimming pool that burned down (2009).

Update: I misunderstood the venue...  turns out it wasn’t the big place Tom Jones once played but a small football club around the corner where we were set up at one end, next to the gents bog.  Every time someone wanted a piss, I had to lift the neck of my guitar, mid-song (mid bloody solo on one instance!) like a car-park barrier so they could get past!  :Lol 

Still, we played well and it was a fun night!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Eyre Court Hotel, Seaton. Sunday 5th Aug. An early start. On from about 6pm to 9pm.
    It's not a competition.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Ferryboat Inn, Shaldon tonight and the Luccombe Oak, Exeter tomorrow night.