Guitarist looking for a bass

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    @ICBM heard plenty and don't like them. never wanted to play one.
    That's fair enough, but you're utterly wrong in your description of the sound, which just comes across as ignorant.

If you'd said you hated them because they're all midrange clank, slightly dirty-sounding and don't have the smooth, piano-like sustain of a Precision I would think you just liked a different sound from me, which is fine. But they're absolutely *not* dull-sounding with no midrange or note definition.

Listen to Chris Squire, for one...
    Never liked Chris Squire's sound. If that's typical Rickenbacker it would be a good reason to dislike Rickenbackers.

Having said that, all I can tell you about the sound I've heard from people playing Rickenbackers in live bands is ... a dull thud with no midrange or note definition. Sorry if you don't like the way my ears work.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    ICBM said:
    @ICBM heard plenty and don't like them. never wanted to play one.
    That's fair enough, but you're utterly wrong in your description of the sound, which just comes across as ignorant.

If you'd said you hated them because they're all midrange clank, slightly dirty-sounding and don't have the smooth, piano-like sustain of a Precision I would think you just liked a different sound from me, which is fine. But they're absolutely *not* dull-sounding with no midrange or note definition.

Listen to Chris Squire, for one...
    Never liked Chris Squire's sound. If that's typical Rickenbacker it would be a good reason to dislike Rickenbackers.

Having said that, all I can tell you about the sound I've heard from people playing Rickenbackers in live bands is ... a dull thud with no midrange or note definition. Sorry if you don't like the way my ears work.
    I'd use that description for a Hofner, but I love the Rickenbacker tone! I just can't play them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom