Any thoughts on this j45?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    terada said:
    I've played loads of 45s now!

I had a quick question though, one of the ones I played plays and sounds brilliant. Super comfy on my hand which is important as I have wrist issues.

However checking the intonation at the 12th fret showed it to be slightly out across the board. Can this be corrected on an acoustic?

Secondly, how much scope is there to alter set ups after purchase to get a very playable feel and low action?
    Is the intonation sharp? If so it’s probably caused by the action being too high, and that’s easy to fix. If it’s flat it may be caused by old strings.

Most modern acoustics will intonate correctly when set up properly with a good set of new strings... the scale offsets are extremely well-known to makers - although mistakes do sometimes happen! If so there’s often scope to re-shape the top of the bridge saddle so the sounding point is nearer the front or back edge, which will allow a bit of adjustment.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom