Tour De France 2018

What's Hot
duotoneduotone Frets: 971
Started today and its on ITV4 now! 

Anyone watching?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    Crikey, what happened to the traditional afternoon/evening prologue?

Commentators are better on Eurosport, ITV4 have better behind the scenes items, and S4C is in Welsh and slightly biased towards Geraint Thomas and Luke Rowe. Spoit for choice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Will be keeping track of proceedings. Froome will have a tough time with the public again, lucky he has a tough hide.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Just been tracking them and watched them go past a campsite we stayed at a few years ago

pretty trivial I know, but it made me happy to keep saying “we drove down that road ... and that one... and we went to that supermarket ... and we got an ice cream there ...” etc :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Trying to avoid spoilers before I get home from work to watch it "live" on Eurosport player. *shuts eyes, lalalalala* ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Chris Froome won a sprint after the first 100 of the peloton went down in a crash

Bjorn Borg can back to beat Tim Henman at Wimbledon

Sweden put 10 past England

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    edited July 2018
    sev112 said:
    Chris Froome won a sprint after the first 100 of the peloton went down in a crash

Bjorn Borg can back to beat Tim Henman at Wimbledon

Sweden put 10 past England

Burn the sooth saying future seeing witch!!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Trying to avoid spoilers before I get home from work to watch it "live" on Eurosport player. *shuts eyes, lalalalala* ;)
    Blimey - you must have time on your hands ! I usually fast forward through the Itv highlights and I still feel spending 30 mins watching that is a guilty pleasure.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
    edited July 2018
    mrkb said:
    Trying to avoid spoilers before I get home from work to watch it "live" on Eurosport player. *shuts eyes, lalalalala*
    Blimey - you must have time on your hands ! I usually fast forward through the Itv highlights and I still feel spending 30 mins watching that is a guilty pleasure.
    Haha! Yep, I'm allowed a few days in July as "me-time" for Le Tour, first and last day of it are always watched in their entirety. First time in a few years I won't be in Paris for the finish. Had to choose between the Giro and Le Tour so went to Rome in May instead, was totally worth it. And even though I've done the Champs Elysee's 7 times now it's always magical.

Currently very confused though, Stevo Cummings is riding at the front! open_mouth  *edit* My mistake, the Tour debutante Saffer Jay Thomson looks remakably similar.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    Just want to see Cav get the record. Looking more doubtful now. 2 tours injured have probably cost him and at 32 or 33 time running out. Fingers crossed. Wouldn't surprise ME to see a retirement and a final crack at a gold medal in 2020
  • Just want to see Cav get the record. Looking more doubtful now. 2 tours injured have probably cost him and at 32 or 33 time running out. Fingers crossed. Wouldn't surprise ME to see a retirement and a final crack at a gold medal in 2020
    Missing the last 2 years, I'd say the chance of beating Merckx's record has probably gone. Still the best sprinter of the modern age though without question.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9499
    edited July 2018
    The peak years of a sprinter are relatively short. Even Kittel and Greipel are looking a bit long in the tooth now, and Nacer Bouhanni isn’t there this year. I suspect a new wave of sprinters will come to the fore over the next three weeks.
  • Was surprised that Elia Viviani isn't there for Quickstep but seems like they've pinned their flag on Fernando Gaviria.

Maglia Ciclaminio at the Giro must have given him a few weeks off?

I'd still not right off Cav for maybe one more this year though...
    tFB Trader
    Was surprised that Elia Viviani isn't there for Quickstep but seems like they've pinned their flag on Fernando Gaviria.

ha iris looks mighty promising. Can was saying that 2 or 3 years ago when he was still coming through the ranks

surprised no Caleb Ewan
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Who's going to win? Or in other words, who has got the best medical team to disguise their drug-taking?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    edited July 2018
    Stage 3 Podcast - To avoid all the sponsor BS skip to 5.55mins!

https://youtu.be/n5kFr7fmSDs
  • Hattigol said:
    Who's going to win? Or in other words, who has got the best medical team to disguise their drug-taking?
    Yawn...
  • Was surprised that Elia Viviani isn't there for Quickstep but seems like they've pinned their flag on Fernando Gaviria.

ha iris looks mighty promising. Can was saying that 2 or 3 years ago when he was still coming through the ranks

surprised no Caleb Ewan
    Mitchelton Scott made no bones that this Tour was all about Yates, and you can't support a GC guy and a Green jersey, team make up are at odds with doing both.

So it seems Caleb has been looking for transfer options and by the looks of things Whitey and the MS management aren't looking to stop him.

Bit of a shame but there you go.
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Just want to see Cav get the record. Looking more doubtful now. 2 tours injured have probably cost him and at 32 or 33 time running out. Fingers crossed. Wouldn't surprise ME to see a retirement and a final crack at a gold medal in 2020
    Missing the last 2 years, I'd say the chance of beating Merckx's record has probably gone. Still the best sprinter of the modern age though without question.

Nothing against Cav, but in a way I'm glad a record like that should be held by a great all rounder like Merckx.
    tFB Trader

Nothing against Cav, but in a way I'm glad a record like that should be held by a great all rounder like Merckx.
    Heard a few big cycling fans say like wise.

will still go down as the greatest sprinter and certainly ignited  cycling in the UK, along with Brad